14. Chunin Exams

Boruto was with his team mates Mitsuki and Sarada. Konohamaru sensei was nowhere to be seen.

It was one of those days where everything went slowly and dragged out. The three of them sat sharing a large plate of mitarashi dango staring at the clouds floating by. None of them were in the mood to train or do anything at all.

They were fed up with the various D and E rank missions they received for the past two weeks. It had been three months since they became genin but they were still stuck here.

"Yo~ Sarada~"

It was Akimichi Chōchō and her team. She grabbed one of the mitarashi dango off their plate and ordered another plate at the same time.

Inojin and Shikidai sat themselves on the wooden porch.

"No missions for you today too?"

"Nah, Moegi sensei is off somewhere with Kohonamaru sensei and Udon sensei."

"So Metal and the rest should be here too I guess."

And they did come. Iwabee And denki were two new faces unrelated to the original Rookie Nine's kids. So although they were acquainted, they weren't as familiar with each other as the seven of them.

They all sat and chilled together, wasting time afterall, they had almost all the time in the world.

....................................................

All the Jonin of Konoha who weren't on duty were assembled and waiting for Naruto. Shikamaru was organising some documents and placed them neatly in the centre of the table. Soon Naruto arrived and took his seat.

"I called you today to brief you about the upcoming Chunin exams. This year it will take place in our Konohagakure. Next month, the last date for registration will end and we will have the exams ten days later.

Check in with the exam department to collect the forms for Genins you deem eligible to participate from your teams."

Naruto picked up the documents in front of him.

"Team Ebisu will be in charge of coordination.
Team Asuma will- wait.."
Naruto turned back to Shikamaru and whispered, "We're still using these old team names?"
"Yeah, makes it easier for documentation. Numbers are confusing sometimes."
"Okay."

Narut continued to delegate tasks to all the teams, new and old and gave some more instructions about the hotel bookings for the Kages, menus, venues and he gave special attention to the teams in charge of setting up evacuation routes.

Ever since the first Chunin exam he attended, which, by the way, ended in disaster, security was a hundred times tighter during the Chunin exam phase. For the past twenty one years, no incident has occurred to any Chunin exam held in any of the nations. And he hoped to keep it that way. This was the first Chunin exam he was hosting s Hokage and it had to be without any hiccups.

The Jonin were half excited- half worried about the exams. The Jonin assigned to set the questions were placed with seals to not disclose the questions.

Everyone dispersed soon and took a chance to rest because they would soon be so busy their feet wouldn't touch the ground.

The next day, Team Konohamaru set out on a mission to capture a rogue panda.

Boruto rushed ahead through the foliage leaving his team mates behind.

"Kage bunshin no jutsu!"

Four clones of him materialised near him and they landed near the panda's feeding spot.