Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Distance

It'd been over three days since Harry saw Niall. He knew that he had to see him, he had to continue with his mission or else he would be in serious trouble with Prince Malik. But how was he suppose to continue when all he wanted was to spend the rest of his life with the soon to be king?

Tomlinson began to wonder if Styles was going to be able to go through with killing him. He needed to speak to Prince Malik immediately. Maybe Styles could take out Liam instead of Niall, making his job less difficult for him. Knowing that his time was limited, he called Prince Malik up the moment the sun began to shine.

"Hello?" the prince asked, his voice thick with sleep.

"Prince Malik? This is Tomlinson, I have a serious matter to discuss," he said.

The prince made some grunting noises and sighed before speaking again. "I'll have the guards open the gate for you, meet me in dinning hall. Start making your way over here." He hung up the phone before Tomlinson could reply. The assassin nodded to himself and stood to find some proper clothing.

Half an hour later, Tomlinson was entering the dinning hall, Prince Malik waiting at the end of the long table. Tomlinson took a seat next to him, folding his hands together and clearing his throat. "I need to speak to you about Harry and Niall."

The prince snorted, already displeased with the topic. "What about them?"

"I don't think Harry will be able to continue with this mission. He is too infatuated with Prince Horan. When the time comes, I think he will fall through."

Prince Malik nodded in agreement. "What are you proposing we do?"

"I think that Harry and I should switch missions. It will be easier for him to take out Liam than to take out Niall." Prince Malik makes a approving face. "I haven't talked to Harry about it, I know that he won't be too pleased, but I can get him to do it."

"If you think that you can do it, then go for it. I agree completely with this idea," Prince Malik said. "I want you to tell Harry immediately." Tomlinson nodded and stood, shaking the Prince's hand. They said their goodbyes then Tomlinson heads off to Style's flat. The blue eyed boy knocked on his friends door, knowing that he would be up by now.

Styles opens the door, the bags under his eyes were evidence that he hadn't slept that night. "Louis?" he asked, confused.

"We need to talk," Tomlinson stated. Styles nodded and opened his door wider, allowing his friend to pass and step inside.

"What do we need to talk about?" Harry wondered.

Tomlinson sighed and took a seat on the couch. "We need to talk about your capability to go through with killing the prince." Pain shot over the tall mans face, confirming what Tomlinson was talking about. "Prince Malik and I think that it is for the best if we switch jobs, you kill Liam and I will kill Niall, that way you don't have to suffer watching your lover die." There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"No," Styles snapped. "No, I won't let you do it. I'm going to go through with it." Harry shook is head and inhaled deeply.

"Oh come on." Tomlinson stood to his feet and made his way over to Styles, tracing his finger over the taller mans chest. "What do I have to do to make you say yes?"

Styles gripped onto Tomlinson's wrists, keeping him from being touched again. "I will get the job done. You don't need to worry about it." Tomlinson whined, pushing his hips towards Styles'.

Tomlinson saw the black in his green eyes widen, he knew that his act was working on him once again. "What do I have to do? Hmm?" His voice was low, seductive. He dropped to his knees and unbuttoned his skinny jeans. Styles bit his lip and shut his eyes tightly. Before Tomlinson could get his boxers down, Styles stepped away, shaking his head violently.

"Louis, no, I'm with Niall," Harry claimed. Tomlinson rolled his eyes and tugged on the band of Styles boxers.

"I'm sure you are."

Styles stormed from Tomlinson's grip, pulling the door open and gesturing for his friends to step out. "I'm not doing this with you again, Louis. Our fling ended along time ago." Tomlinson pressed his lips together and stood from his spot on the floor. He walked towards the door but stopped in front of Styles. "I'll see you later."

"Maybe." Tomlinson glared at his friend for a moment longer then stomped out to his car. Styles slammed the door shut then gather his jeans and put them back on. He had to go see Niall, he had  to. The moment Tomlinson was gone, Styles ran to his car and started driving towards the palace.

Knowingly, the guards let him in and informed the prince of his arrival. Prince Horan met him down at the base of the grand stair case, a large smile on his face. "It's been a while, hasn't it?" Harry smiled, but not as brightly. Niall caught on to his displeasure. "What's the matter?"

"Niall, I need to tell you something," Harry said, his voice weak.

"Harold!" Zayn shouted in fake enthusiasm. Harry jumped and looked towards his employer with fear. "Been a while friend, how have you been?" He walked over and gripped Harry's shoulder tightly, making the younger man wince in pain.

Harry nodded, looking at the prince in question. Niall watched the tension between the two. "Harry and I were about to go upstairs, maybe you two can speak later?" Prince Horan suggested.

"No, I need to speak to him now." Prince Malik grabbed Harry's wrist, dragging him towards an empty hallway. He knew his cousin was rather nosey, and probably following, so he kept his voice low. "Did you and Louis speak?"

"Yes, we spoke about switching. I am not going to do that, I will get the job done." Zayn looked at him disapprovingly. "You'll get your crown." Before Prince Malik could say anything else, Harry took off, going back to Niall. 

Niall wanted to ask Harry if he was okay, but didn't after catching on to his annoyance. Harry took Niall by the hand and pulled his up the stairs. The two went to Niall's room, the door being locked behind them. Before Niall could understand what was happening, Harry had him pinned to the bed with his lips pressed to the pale boys neck. "Three days without a word and this is how you say hello?" Niall laughed, moaning some at the end.

Harry sighed and stopped his actions, resting his chin on Niall's chest. "I'm sorry for not contacting you. I was...busy." Niall nodded in understanding. "Please don't get mad if it happens again. I've got a lot of things that I have to think about, sometimes I just need time to think." Niall listened to Harry contently, running his fingers through Harry's curly hair.

"It's okay, I understand completely." Niall leaned forward and pressed his lips to Harry's forehead. "Harry, can I tell you something?" Niall asked.

Harry hummed as he nodded his head, sitting up so he hovered above Niall. The prince took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second. Harry admired how the blond boy looked underneath him. His eyes opened and his exhaled lowly. "Harry, I think I'm in love with you."