Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Family Dinner

Niall wanted everything to be perfect. Never in his life had he cared about these practice dinners until now. Zayn watched his cousin run around the dinning hall, telling the maids to make sure that things were precise. Excitement bubbled in Zayn as he observed the prince make such a fuss over Harry coming over.

"Niall, why don't you sit down?" Bobby asked his son, pointing towards a seat for him. "I'm sure that Harry will love how it looks no matter what."

"But, father, we need to impress him," Niall whined. The king laughed at his son and patted his back, calming the younger lad. "What if he thinks that things aren't right? Like this colour doesn't match that one, or maybe the silverware isn't clean enough."

"Sir, we've washed them as much as we could and the colours match," Liam said playfully to the prince. Zayn ran his eyes over the boy, thinking over his relationship with the prince. This boy, Liam, had always seemed protective Niall, trusting no one to take care of him besides himself.

Liam became a threat to Zayn's plan at that moment in time.

The tan skinned lad mentally took note about speaking to Harry about getting rid of this boy, he wasn't going to have some dish boy ruin everything.

"Sir Horan, your guest has arrived," an older maid guided Harry into the dinning hall, directing him to the prince. Niall's face became bright as the curly haired lad made his way in.

"Harry, I'm so glad you came!" Niall wrapped the taller lad into his arms and hugged him tightly, receiving the same hug from Harry.

"I'm glad I could make it," Harry gave Niall a wink with a smirk then turned to the king. "Thank you for inviting me, everything looks splendid."

"I told you, Niall, he would love it." Bobby shot a short laugh towards his son then marched away to attend to other matters.

Harry smirked at the prince once more before following him towards the main hall. But, without making it far, Zayn called him back. "I'd like to have a word with your friend, he will meet you up in your room," Zayn promised the prince.

"What is it?" Harry asked in a hushed voice, making sure no one was around.

"How much more would it cost to off Liam?" Zayn watched over Harry's shoulder, wanting no one to be in room.

"I don't do double murders, I work on one case at a time." The assassin gave the room another glance before pulling out his phone. "But Louis, my most trusted partner, can take care of him." Harry brought up his contact and gave it to the other lad.

"Thank you," Zayn copied the numbers into his phone then looked around. "Well, you take care of that Niall," he said in a louder tone to make sure who ever was around wasn't getting suspicious. The two parted ways and Harry found Niall in the hall, further down.

"What shall we do until dinner?" Harry asked Niall as he walked up to the lad.

"Well, I can't ruin my clothing," he said, gesturing towards his suit, "so probably something that doesn't involve much."

"How about a tour? I haven't seen all of the palace," the green eyed lad suggested. Niall nodded in agreement and lead Harry towards one of the halls he had yet to explore.

"Down here is all of the pictures of past kings." Niall pointed towards the ancient pictures, all slowly becoming more modern. "And here is where I am going to be placed," the prince looked at the blank space in distress, not prepared to become king.