Six

"Mom, stop!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. "You can train me as harshly as you want, but Henry is only 9 years old! He doesn't need to be a part of the world of assassination!"

      "Our family has been assasins for years!" Mom snapped back. "Why do you think we're so blessed with the amount of money we have?? You two are going to hold up the family legacy. If not, we will lose everything that your ancestors long before have sacrificed their lives to give to us! I went through this, you have, and now he will!!"

      I paused, trying to think of an argument. "He's too old to start anyways! You started training when you were 4, and I started when I was 3! Even if you do train him, he'll never be as good as anyone else!"

      I hated that I had to insult Henry like that, but I had to say it to try and save him.

      Mom hesitated, thinking about what I just said.

      "Better late than never," she said coldly, turning her back to me. "And that's the end of this conversation."

      As she started walking up to Henry's room, I panicked. I darted my eyes back and forth, trying to think of a way to stop her.

      I saw a pocket knife that I used when I first started training on the glass table in the middle of the dining room. Without thinking, I darted across the huge, luxurious living room and grabbed it.

      Mom was making her way up the stairs. Her high heels clicked loudly on the marble stairing. Using that to my advantage, I silently darted across the dining room and the living room and creeped up the stairs carefully so she couldn't hear me. I've been training for this moment for almost 9 years now.

      I unsheethed the pocket knife and made sure it was sharp enough by touching the tip. The blade was about 3 inches long, long enough to get deep into the muscle tissue, but not enough for and vital organs to get punctured. If I make a bunch of serious wounds on her, she'll quickly bleed enough to be weakened so she can't fight back. Then I could slit her throat open. Yeah, that's a good plan.

      As soon as I was right behind her, I used all of my strength and stabbed the knife into the soft part of her left hip. Before she had time to react, I stabbed her 2 more times, on the right hip symmetrical to the first wound and her right shoulder, because she was right handed.

       Mom hissed with pain and turned around to see my anger filled face. She had a look of shock and surprise. I caught her off guard.

      Good.

      I slammed her immediately into the edge of the stairs and she hit the railing, knocking the wind out of her. As she gasped for breath, I dug the pocket knife into her throat and took it out.

      Blood flew everywhere. It looked like somebody spray painted the staircase with bright red paint.

      Mom slowly fell limp to the floor. Her skin turned paler by the second.

      "I taught-" she started to say, but blood got in the way, spurting out of her throat. "I taught- you well."

      I sighed in relief. Henry would now be safe. He won't have to deal with the torture of assassination training like me now.