Parent!Whitty and AdoptedChild!Reader

Requested by @ItzAsh643

Hope ya like it!

Nobody's POV

It's 1am, Monday night. Whitty was just returning home from being chased down again. Despite Whitty seeing everyone as untrustworthy, he wanted to have a bit of company. Like... something easy to take care of. In his eyes, anyone could be easy to take care of. A dog, a cat or even the rats he finds in his house. Whitty just didn't want to be lonely. He was just about to open the door to his small bit of shelter before he had heard sobbing.

It was a child. A small one. About 8-10 years old.

They were sitting on the side of what seemed to be like his house. They had bruises and cuts everywhere on them. Seems like they just got finished being beaten. For Whitty, he could just leave them there... But instead, he decided to sit down next to the child and give them all he knows about affection. Asking if you're okay, headpats and small high fives or fist bumps. He really only knows about platonic stuff.

"Hey... Kid? Are you okay?"

The child kept sobbing as if he wasn't even there. Either way, Whitty still wanted to help him out. He hesitantly set a hand on their head, giving small headpats. All of a sudden, the child hugged the bomb man, crying into his hoodie.

"Whoa- did you have a rough day..?"

They nodded. Whitty picked the small child up carefully and carried them into his home, ducking below the doorframe and setting them down on the old couch in the living room. Once they were set down on the couch, they grabbed a pillow right next to them and cried into it.

"What's your name, kid?"

Through all the sniffling and sobbing, he could hear a small...

"Y-Y/n..."

"Y/n, huh? Sounds like a nice name."

They soon stopped crying and they slowly took the pillow off their face, showing their tear-filled e/c eyes. They seemed calmer and less stressed than before.

"R-really..? I always t-thought it was a bad name..."

"Now, who told you that, Y/n? They're lying."

"N-nobody..."

"Alright then... Do you want something to eat..?"

They nodded once again before stuffing their face back into the pillow they're holding. He stood up, walking towards a cabinet and opening it to find a couple of granola bars. He sat down next to little Y/n and gave them the snack. They looked at him confused as if they didn't know how to open it.

"I- here, I got you."

He tore open the wrapper, handing the crunchy granola bar to Y/n. They looked at it for a few seconds before taking a small bite and immediately favoriting the bar. Y/n soon ate the whole thing, looking at Whitty.

"Is there... More..?"

"Well... Yeah but I'm saving them. You like them that much?"

"Mhm! Can I have another one? Pleaseeeee?"

They gave him puppy-dog eyes which caused Whitty to give in. He stood up from the couch again, grabbing another granola bar.

"Alright, but this is the last one!"

"Yayyy! Thank you mister bomb guy!"

He chuckled at the name Y/n called him. He thought it was kind of funny by the way they said it.

"Hey, just so you don't have to say that whole name, call me Whitty, Y/n."

"Hmm... Whittu?"

"No- Whi-tty!"

"Whittu!"

"It's Whi-TTY!"

"Whittu!"

"Okay, fine! You can call me Whittu!"

Y/n cheered in happiness and soon started saying the nickname they gave him over and over. After a few minutes and a granola bar, Whitty was holding Y/n and they looked at him with worried eyes.

"Y/n? You seem a bit nervous. What's wrong, little guy?"

"...Whittu... Can I stay here?"

"Well, I dunno. Do you want to? It would be nice to have some company after a while."

"Really?! I can stay?!"

"Yup."

Their eyes glittered in happiness. They finally found a home. It's not the best but at least it's something.