Captain's Tales: Desert Sands

[CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER—]

There are too many cake monsters... they can't take them all.  They're already crumbling in places, and the hordes just keep coming!

Where is His Majesty?!

"(C/F) Cookie!" The Cookie on their mind sprints over to them, holding them as he can clearly tell they're close to falling over. "You need to get out of here!"

"Your Highness, what about you?" They pant, trembling.

"I'll be fine; all five of us are here." He informs them, "You care barely stand, you're so wounded. You need to get on the balloon and get out of here. We'll take care of it from here."

"I can go on."

"No, no you can't." He shakes his head. "I've asked as your friend, but as your King I'm ordering you to evacuate. It will provide the people a sense of relief to have you with them."

"I–Alright." (C/F) Cookie frowns, "Be careful, your Highness." They limp towards the balloon dock they'd been defending as they hear the continual howl of wave after wave of cake monster.

"Captain (C/F) Cookie!" One of the many healers helping with the evacuation grabs them by the shoulders.

"Is everyone on the balloons?" They ask.

"Everyone who is evacuating is on board, yes."

"Then go." They command, "His Majesty ordered us to get out of here."

"Ok."

They hear them call for take off as they stumble onto the floor of the basket, many other healers coming to their aid.

The silence feels eerie. Something is wrong...

Now able to stand thanks to the healers, the Captain stood and stared at the flying castle getting further from sight.

"Can we make this go faster?" They ask the pilot.

"I can certainly try... if I may know, why?"

"Something tells me we're not going to want to be anywhere near here in the next few minutes..."

Time itself seems to hold its breath as they watch the Castle in the sky grow ever distant.

Then all at once, there was a massive explosion and the entire Vanilla Kingdom vanished.

The soreness of (C/F) Cookie's throat proved they had screamed, but they hadn't heard it, and nor had anyone else over the sound of the blast.
Now is not a time for fear. So what if they were all alone... with all these Cookie who will now turn to them for guidance... without the King... and a place to live...

This is fine!
Nothing wrong here!

Cookies are yelling, terrified by the blast, many are begging to turn back and the pilot is yelling at (C/F) Cookie for direction.

"Head to the desert." They decide, "The farther we can get from here the better."
At least they know how to live in the desert...

But that didn't mean that the ride there wasn't miserable.
Cookies were hysterical, and understandably so; their home just exploded!

"Captain, we're here." The pilot says as they start guiding the descent.

"Good." They nod, looking over the edge they scout out a good spot to land.

What are we going to do here? There's no way we'll all survive!" One of the Vanillians yells.

"Is the Captain trying to kill us all?"