Epilogue: To be Continued...

"It's very nice of you to teach all the Villagers healing magic." (C/F) Cookie watches him trim the flowers of the garden.

"It's been very fun to watch them all learn! You should come to the lessons!"

"And give a another thing to constantly nag me on?" They snicker, "No."

"That's a shame really. It's a skill I think you'd really like to have."

"Why would I need to know it when I have someone as capable as you?"

"Says the one who's looking for any excuse to go back to the desert and get a cactus."

"Hey! Gerard Jr is important to me!"

"You just want cactus juice!"

"It's thirst quenching!"

"I looked at my herbology books, cactus water is usually full of toxins!"

"Has that stopped me before?"

"Oh my goodness." He sighs. Already having had that conversation with them about seven times, he decides to change the subject, "Do you know when our guests are getting here tomorrow?"

"No idea. If I had to guess, it depends on the guest." (C/F) Cookie says more seriously.

"Do you know if the rooms we prepared for them are ready?"

"I dusted the one for Hollyberry Cookie at least 4 times in the last hour per your request. I also have double checked the cleanliness of the beds, floors, surrounding areas, your chambers, and the Solarium of Unity." They list, "The tables have been moved to the Solarium for the feast and I've double checked with those working in the kitchen that they have everything they need to make said feast."

"Thank you, (C/F) Cookie." Pure Vanilla Cookie sighs in relief, "By the way, getting Spinach Cookie to send vegetables to us was a great idea."

"Quality ingredients to be sure." They nod, "You know what they'd go well with?"

"Please don't say it."

"Cactus juice."

Pure Vanilla Cookie sighs as he sits up to light the candle next to his bed for the third time that night. He'd already gone over everything and made sure it was done, but it still felt like there was so much to do. That and the painful reminders that he'd have to tell his friends the truth about Dark Enchantress Cookie prevented him from getting any sleep.

A soft knock outside the door disproved that he was the only one awake.

"Come in."

"And you tell me I need sleep." (C/F) Cookie snickers, quietly pushing open the door.

"Unlike you, I've been trying to." He smiles at them.

"I noticed your light kept coming on." They frown, sitting next to him on the bed, "Is something bothering you?"

"Well, yes. I haven't seen them all in forever... Well, Hollyberry Cookie and I spoke briefly, but even then... What if they've changed?" He sighs, looking at the floor.

"Have you met Dark Cacao Cookie? The day he decides to change the ways of his people, I'll eat my coat. As for Hollyberry Cookie, I seriously doubt it. She enjoys a life of adventure and... a lot of juice drinking."

"You're right. I just don't want to have any unexpected problems."

"Hmm, how about this: I will stay right here next to you until the feast tomorrow. If you need anything, I'll do it."

"Thank you (C/F) Cookie." He smiles, pulling them into a hug, "This is why I love you."

"Uh, thanks." They gently pat his shoulder. "Let's just go to bed."

"Hmm?"

"I said I wasn't leaving, didn't I?" They remind him.

"Thank you." He lay back down after putting out the candle.

"You're welcome." They mumble,settling down next to him. "I'll be here... Forever and always."

[hello everyone.
I don't like making author's notes, but this book's fate is a bit more complicated than I thought it would be (up until like 2 weeks ago).
I planned on just ending the story once they got home... then the Cookie Odyssey update came out... do you see the problem?
This story is "completed", but really I could continue it into Cookie Odyssey and to do that... I'd need the rest of Cookie Odyssey...

So really, the point is, this is completed, for the sake of giving it an "ending". A lot of things I'd like to explain, but I don't need to... So really, this is the end.

Thanks for reading (really). If I have the motivation to keep going as Cookie Odyssey comes out, this will continue. Someday...]