Sword and Sheep

"I would appreciate it if you did not make this more exhausting than it needs to be." Pure Vanilla Cookie pushes open the door to (C/F) Cookie's bedroom, the one in their house.

"Pure Vanilla Cookie!" They sit up on their stone hard mattress, quickly pulling their coat on from where they had unceremoniously tossed it on the floor.

"I can't believe things are going like this." He sighs, sitting on the bed beside them, "Hollyberry Cookie and Dark Cacao Cookie arguing this way."

"They normally do when they have different opinions on things; they don't give up on their side of an argument." (C/F) Cookie shrugs. "At least it stayed verbal."

"Yes, I suppose that is something we should be grateful for." He frowns, "Perhaps tomorrow we will make more progress."

"Perhaps." They shrug, not really optimistic.

"You did not tell me you had been to the Crème Republic." He shoots them a suspicious glance.

"How would I have gotten to the Tower of Frozen Waves?" They frown. "I had to get someone to sail me there."

"Which is why you knew how to sail with those sailors we met before." He chuckles. "What didn't you like about the Republic?"

"There is a very obvious division in there: a Lower City filled with thieves and scammers and an Upper City where only those with fine amounts of crystals and coins live, filled with lying politicians and snobby attitudes."

"How long were you there?"

"Five minutes." They admit, "I passed through twice. I believe in total three Cookies attempted to steal my companion in the Lower City and five told me to get the 'filthy animal' out of their streets in the Upper."

"I suspect it was not as clean as you were when you presented yourself to the Hollyberrian Gardener." He snickers.

"Definitely. You never know exactly how to clean hooves to get all the mud out of them until you have them yourself. Cotton Cookie could back me up on that." They nod.

"I'm sure it helps." He laughs, then he falls into a somber silence. "(C/F) Cookie..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm worried." He frowns, taking their hand in his. "I know I must tell Hollyberry Cookie and Dark Cacao Cookie about White Lily Cookie, but I'm afraid of what they'll think."

"If you don't tell them, someone else will. It would be best if they heard it from you." They frown, "You don't know who GingerBrave will tell. It could end very badly if they hear it from someone like Clotted Cream Cookie who has nothing to do with any of your kingdoms."

"Yes... I know..." He frowns, squeezing their hand, "But there does not appear to be a correct way of telling them."

"When you said she would not be joining us in the council today would've been a good time to." They frown.

He sighs, "I know. It was foolish of me to withhold such a thing from them."

"So then are you going to tell them tomorrow?" (C/F) Cookie lifts their joined hands.

"Should the opportunity arise." He averts his gaze.

"Pure Vanilla Cookie..." They grumble. "This is less about how you tell them and more about telling them! You don't want them to think you, the bearer of the Light of Truth, intentionally deceived them do you?"

"No..." He frowns.

"Then tell them! You don't have to sacrifice everything for anyone anymore. They want to help you, and they can't do that if they don't know."