Snowfall and Sand Dunes

"Goodbye Cotton Cookie! We'll come visit if we're close by!" Pure Vanilla Cookie waves goodbye as they reach the edge of the snow.

"Be careful out there! And good luck!" The shepherdess waves.

"Baa!"

As they made their way down the path, (C/F) Sheep stopped and headed back into the small cave, coming back out as a Cookie holding the frozen cube.

"What is that?" Pure Vanilla Cookie asks.

"Frozen mutton."

"Alright...? I don't think I can carry it if you accidentally switch back into a sheep." He frowns.

"I'm not taking it all the way back to the Kingdom... just... back to the desert. You said you wanted to visit my old home, so that's where I'm taking it." They explain as they start walking.

"Oh, why?"

"They ate Gerard."

"No! Not Gerard!"

"Do you even remember Gerard the Cactus?" They snicker.

"I only saw him briefly. But he was the only friend you had for a long time."

"Heh, the cactus juice is the only reason I didn't crumble long before we met... Certainly not as healthy, but definitely the thing that quenched my thirst."

"...You haven't had cactus juice since then, have you?" Pure Vanilla Cookie asks them.

"Uh..."

"Seriously? It's really not good for your health." He frowns.

"That's like me telling you you can never have ice cream again! It's not for the benefits of doing it! It's for the memories it brings back!" (C/F) Cookie argues, "I also didn't have any money, so I couldn't buy anything when I left the Republic..."

He sighs, chuckling a bit, "It really doesn't surprise me."

"We should pick up the pace if we want to get there by tomorrow." They start walking faster.

"Wait!"

They stop, letting him catch up. They stumble when he takes off his bag and hands it to them.

"Oh! That's much better." He laughs, "You can manage the weight can't you?"

"When did you buy half these books?" They mumble, going through the bag.

"The Hollyberry Kingdom! Mostly when you were competing. I had time to wander around and look for you and Hollyberry Cookie, so I also browsed the bookstore." He explains, grinning, "I honestly forgot I had it until just now I'm so used to it weighing me down."

"How did I not notice it until now?" The two start walking again.

"I'm not sure. What did you think I was carrying that Spinach in? Which reminds me that we should buy some more from here if we pass through her shop again."

"I concur. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not part sheep, but Spinach Cookie's spinach is the best I've ever had."

"What about the nice shopkeeper who gave us the map?"

(C/F) Cookie shudders in disgust, "If I get called "Floofy" one more time I may actually break something."

"Aww, is it too much for your pride to take?" Pure Vanilla Cookie teases. "Huh, Floofy?"

"I swear I will throw the bag in the nearest river!"

"NO! DON'T!"

After many hours of swapping turns with who's carrying the bag (all at Pure Vanilla Cookie's request) and the frozen sheep now deposited inside it (mostly sticking out) they finally reach the sand as the trees thin and disappear at the start of the expansive desert.