Chapter 2: my best friend

(Btw, I got really confused on the ages of the year younger siblings, so I just made them twins.)

Meilani POV

I was so nervous what if she didn't wanna be friends. We walked to the day room, the butler announced his presence. "Hello, Lady Hyacinth you have a visitor," I heard him say.

Hyacinth POV

I looked at my mother, Antony ,and his wife Kate in confusion until I saw the guest walk through the door. And I was utterly shocked, that me feet had a mind of their own. I ran up to her and crushed my best friend into a suffocating hug.
"Oh Mei I have missed you soooo much never leave me again," I started to cry hysterically.
She pulled away from my hug and looked at me. "I promise it wasn't my choice you know how crazy my aunt is, if I had a choice I would've stayed here," I nodded my head and pulled her into another embrace.

Meilani POV

After we let each other go, I saw we had an audience. I saw Anthony and I raced towards him. "Anthony! I have missed you so," I said as we embrace in a hug.

"As have i Mei," he said kissing my forehead. Our moment was interrupted by a cough. I released Anthony and looked towards his mother and another woman and walked to his mother and gave her hug, until I was interrupted by the other woman.

"And who may you be, Anthony who is she, is she one of your past whores?" The lady asked, and I was in shocked.

"Who do you think you are," i said before anyone could respond she answered.
"Viscountess Bridgerton, and you are?"she said crossing her arms trying to look intimidating.

I stepped up to her and stood up straight"I am Princess Meilani Guwala,
Princess of the Isle of Wight, and goddaughter to the queen,and your lucky your Anthony's wife cause if you were not I would sentence you to death for your actions towards the crown, it was nice seeing you, I must depart, I'll see you at the ball Hyacinth," and with that I walked away.

Hyacinth POV

"What is wrong with you, that's my best friend, you are impossible," i said as I stared at kate with anger.

"Kate what we're you thinking, be lucky Meilani is a friend or this would've ended much worse, at the ball you'll make a formal apology and that's that," Anthony said walking out the room.

I looked a Kate and scoffed and walked to my room. I sat on my bed and continued reading after 20 minutes  my twin brother Gregory entered my room and flopped down next to me.

"What's wrong with you sister," he asked as he took the book and looked at me. I looked at him with a sad look and spoke. "We'll do you remember Princess Meilani?" He asked

"Uh, yeah your best friend, used to dress like a boy in pants, with the crazy aunt," he said to which I hit him in the chest.

"Yeah,she came back and she came to visit me, but Kate insulted her and she  left," i said looking down at my bracelet.

"Well buck up, your first ball, you'll most likely, even thou I wish you would be, named the diamond, and if she's joining the season I'm sure she'll be there, so don't be sad," he said hugging me tight and kissing my forehead.

"Well it's not all about me, you are not terrible looking so I'm sure you'll have girls fawning over you, but I guess your right, until tomorrow," and with that he gave me a smile and left and I retired early.