Chapter 3:Eyes meet

Meilani POV

I woke up the next morning I was slightly irritated at what happened at the Bridgerton household, but I wanted to talk with my best friend, so I told my maid Bailey to tell Hyacinth to meet me at the parlor.

When I made it down stairs I saw her sitting by the window. "Hello Hyacinth, how are you today," I asked sitting in front of her.

"I am so sorry, for what Kate said, I-I" she stuttered out.

"It's fine, let's not talk about that, I wanted to chat with you, are you excited for the ball," I asked

"Yeah are you, I know you wanna find your true love, your Prince Charming," she said teasing me, but I teased her right back. After the teasing we caught up and then she asked me a question I kinda dreaded.

"So how did you get away from your aunt?" I looked at her and the looked down at my hands.

"She'd stay on the island if I could fine a husband and accept the proposal, by the first week of the second month of the season, and if I can't she will come and chose ,and even if I can she has to approve too," i said sadly.

" we will find you someone so that doesn't happen," Hyacinth said hold my hand and giving me a encouraging smile. After we talked some more she had to leave to get ready for the ball.

I walked to my room and started getting ready. Bailey helped me with my dress as soon as it was on I looked in the mirror.

 Bailey helped me with my dress as soon as it was on I looked in the mirror

And the Bailey came up behind me and placed my my crown on my head

"You look beautiful," she said smiling at me. It was now time to go down to the ball. As I made it to the doors I took a deep breath and I signal the guards to open the door.

When the door opened everyone stopped talking and then looked at me and then I made eye contact with a very handsome man.

Gregory POV

I was standing with my family and drinking some punch when the doors open and I think my world just stopped. I met her brown eyes with my own and when I tell you I didn't think it was really the things my sister read in those books, but I had to admit that I knew what it meant to have love at first sight.

Then everyone started to converse again, I started to walk towards her, maybe even ask her for a dance, but the other gentleman in the room swarmed her. I walked back to my family, when I saw a smirk on my twins face.

"What are you smirking at," I asked as I leaned against a pillar. "I saw how you looked at Meilani," she said.

"She is gorgeous," i said staring at her as danced with someone very gracefully , I couldn't help but feel jealous.

Meilani POV

I was dancing with the 8th gentleman that asked me to dance when I saw Hyacinth. I turned to the man I was dancing with and said, " I am going to take a break, thank you for the lovely dance," and with that I headed over to the Bridgerton's.

"Hyacinth!" I yelled to her turned back, successfully scaring her. She turned around and gave me a hug. I greeted the rest of her family.
I saw the young man that caught my eye earlier, I walked up to him and tapped him on his shoulder.

He turned around I was met with his beautiful eyes. "Hello and you are?" He smiled at me and said,"Gregory Bridgeton, your highness," he said as he bowed and kissed my gloved hand.

"Oh, I didn't know you were related to Hyacinth," i said shocked

Hyacinth came up behind me and looped her arm with mine and said,  "This is my twin remember he used to throw mud in your face and eat your cake," I looked at him kinda shocked and I saw him glaring at Hyacinth.

Gregory POV

I looked at Hyacinth angrily, why would she say that to her?!