Chapter 7: Flower Festival

Meilani POV

I can't decided if I'm excited about the festival or I'm dreading it. I wish I could be escorted by Gregory, but atlas I have to be escorted by this pompous pig. The sun rays woke me from my thoughts and so did the knock on my door.

Bailey opened the door and placed my breakfast on my small table. I thanked her and walked over to the table and began to eat and chat with her as she picked out my clothes. And even though baileys my maid, I treat her as a close friend and because she's older than me and already married to one of my guards William, and she can supervise me instead of my godmother.

"Alright Meilani, go bath and then we'll get you in your dress," she said looking in my crown closet. You see I let her call me my name in private, because I would hate for her to get in trouble. After my bath I headed back to my room and Bailey helped me put on my dress.

 After my bath I headed back to my room and Bailey helped me put on my dress

I loved how this dress fit on me. My hair was the last thing to be done, and I just worn my accessories from my parents. Looking in the mirror, I looked glowing. Standing on a stepping stool my crown was placed on my head by Bailey.

Seeing how I was fit to leave I went to the parlor to say goodbye to my godmother

Seeing how I was fit to leave I went to the parlor to say goodbye to my godmother. I saw her sitting on the couch reading a book, when I entered she looked up and smiled. "You look magnificent my child," she said gesturing me to come forward. I sat next to her as she rose her hands to my face and stroked my cheeks.

"Have a wonderful time, and bring me back some bluebells," I laughed and agreed. Standing up I descended down the stairs and to my carriage and waited for the door to be open by my footman.

Grabbing a book from the shelf built into the door, I began to read a chapter on the way to the festival.
Upon arriving I was delighted to see the beautiful flowers arranged elegantly around the festival.

Exiting my carriage and Bailey following me, we began our journey through the festival. I was smelling the blossoms, when I heard my name being called. I groaned as I knew the owner to that exact voice. Turning around and using my fake smile I was greeted by lord Ashton.

"My your highness you look exquisite," he said grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on it. Trying not to roll my eyes, I thanked him and smiled. "Well let's get this day started, shall we?" He asked holding out his arm for me to loop. We began our journey and all he could talk about was him and his accomplishments. I ignore him and enjoyed the scenery.

Gregory POV

Finally arriving to the festival, I was constantly bothered by Kate and as i ignored her my sister giggled while i was being tormented . I looked out the window, the carriage stopped and my family exited the carriage and walked over, 'more like forced me over' to the Weston.

My family greeted them and Kate pushed me towards Lady Amelia, she gripped my arm as if she was a bear and pulled me through the festival.
"How do I look Mr.Bridgerton, lovely right?, I know," she spoke without me answering and continued to talk my ear off. Walking through the many vendors and games, I caught eyes of a beautiful sight. Even with a sadden face she was still beautiful, Meilani, and I wanted to go over there and push that pig into the fountain, but atlase I cannot.