Chapter 4: courting

Gregory POV

After the ball I didn't speak to anyone, I just went straight to my room, I couldn't believe Hyacinth would say that to the Princess. It was the next morning and it was time for breakfast. I got dressed and headed down stairs and when I sat down I was served and began to eat quietly.

I didn't look up, but I could felt my family's eyes on me. "Gregory what's the matter, thinking about who you'd like to court?" My mother asked as she sipped her tea.

"Sort of" i said eating my bacon.

"We'll who were you thinking, brother?" Anthony asked, to which I responded,"Well I had someone in mind, but because of Hyacinth, I don't think that'll happen," everyone looked over to her and she stopped eating and looked at me.

"Who.....oh," she realized with that annoying smirk. "Well who Hyacinth?" Mother asked, but I gave her a look, but she opened her mouth anyways.

"Meilani," to which everyone gasped. "You want to court the Princess?" Said Anthony
"What did she say," mother asked

I signed and responded, "yes I would like to court her she's so mesmerizing, and she didn't remember me from when we were little, but my sister made my identity known not very pleasantly," i said

"We'll I think you should go for it brother, I think you two would make a splendid match," i smiled to what Anthony said , but before I could say anything Kate interrupted.

"Gregory didn't you enjoy your dance with Lady Weston?" I rolled my eyes at her question. "All she did was talk about herself, and you don't chose who I court or marry just worry about Hyacinth suitors, now if you'll excuse me," i said standing up and heading to the library.
I sat in the bay window and looked outside to people passing by when I heard the door open. I looked to see it was Hyacinth, but I ignored her and turned back to the window.

She sat down but I continued to ignore her. "Ok listen, I was kidding and I didn't mean to upset you, even though she's my best friend, I wanna see her happy and I want you happy as well, and I think you are a good match and you'd make her happy, so if you want my help, i will," she said and I turned to her.

"Really? What's the catch," I asked suspiciously.

"Nothing and you better change into something nicer, the queen only lets in certain people for her precious goddaughter," she said pulling me up.

"B-but what do I gift her? I can't come empty handed?" I asked

"On the way to the castle grab her a mini strawberry shortcake from the bakery it's her favorite and get her hibiscus from the florist, tell them Hyacinth sent you, now go!" She said and sprinted out of the room.

Meilani POV

I had woken up to Bailey in my room picking out a dress for me and I was confused why, but then I remember that I had possible suitors. After I was finished bathing, someone came to mind that I hoped I'd see, but I brushed it off, he wouldn't want to see me anyways. I finally got dressed and looked in my mirror and I loved how simple and elegant the dress was.

 I finally got dressed and looked in my mirror and I loved how simple and elegant the dress was

And Bailey added my crown with jewelry to match the design on the crown

And Bailey added my crown with jewelry to match the design on the crown. I was ready and I headed down stairs. I saw my godmother sitting down when I came up and kissed her on the cheek.

"Godmother I was hoping I can have the suitors come to the garden instead of the tea room, I don't want to feel suffocated," I asked with a smile.

"We'll of course my dear, you have many suitors today, all 27," she said I was shocked sort of ,but I knew there was more.

"And because I know you so well. I dismissed the ones who weren't suitable, good luck darling," and with that said I went to the garden.