Chapter 5:Surprising suitor

Meilani POV

I sat on my favorite bench and Bailey brought me my favorite tea and the guards brought a bench to be seated in front of me and I signaled to Brimsley, to let the first suitor in.

2hrs of agony later

I was so tired I was happy I only had two more suitors left thank the Lord. "Announcing lord Weston" he said, I remember him, he literally knocked down men to be my first dance, he was nice, but he talked about himself a lot. He stopped in front of me and bowed.
"Your highness, you look lovely today Princess Meilani," he said kissing my gloved hand and taking a seat across from me. "So did you enjoy our first dance, I thought it was amazing," and after that i tuned him out. When I saw his mouth stop moving, I listen and heard him talking of a proposal, "I will have to think about it, so thank you," I said smiling and he got up and walked away. I let out a breath that I had been holding since he started talking.

"He was very boastful ," I heard Bailey try to cover up a laugh and she said I had one more left so I told Brimsley to let him in.

I was reading the book I had placed next to me on the cushion, and tried to finish the chapter, but I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up to see Gregory Bridgerton. He bowed to me and handed me my favorite flowers and sweets from that bakery I like.

"Hello your highness," he said sitting down.
"Sir Gregory, lovely to see you again," he blushed slightly but composed himself.I sat up straight and placed me book down the table, and I was pretty shocked he wanted to court me.

"So you want to court me, I thought you disliked me," I said confused on the matter. He looked surprised at my statement,and shook his head. "What ever gave you that impression, if you meant when we were kids, I was a boy and didn't know how to treat a lady, I do apologize, I would love to get to know you more if you let me," he said turning slightly red.

"Oh, we'll of course, I'd like to get to know you better, so do you read?" I asked picking up a cupcake and unwrapping it. And that's how our conversation began. We had so much in common, he was interested in learning to sail, and I happily offered to teach him one of these day, growing up on a island gives you certain skills.

Gregory POV

I couldn't believe how well this was going. I glanced at my pocket watch and realized we've been talking for three hours, to which I smiled.

"Your highness-" but she interrupted. "Meilani, since we're basically alone," she smiled with her pearly white teeth.

"Meilani, s-since the flower festival is coming up, I was h-hoping I could escort you," I hope she would say yes.

"As much as I would enjoy your company, lord Weston asked me already, but you can escort as well, as a royal I can be escorted by more than one," she smiled and I was happy I can escort her, I have to get to her early. After we finally realized it was dark, I bid her goodnight and headed home.

I opened the door to be met with my family standing in the foyer. They all started talking at once, but I stopped them.

"I think it went well, that's why I am late , and I'm going to escort her to the flower festival," but before I can continue kate interrupted.

"But I already told Lady Weston you be escorting her daughter, and isn't the Princess getting escorted by lord Weston?" I was shocked she didn't even discuss this with me.

"I'm not dealing with this," and with that I walked away.