Chapter 6: Brunch in

Meilani POV

I think yesterday wasn't terrible, but today I'll be able to enjoy breakfast with Hyacinth today. I didn't want to dress too extravagant so I wanted something more simple and no crown, just my necklace my parents gave me and my favorite pearl earrings.

 I didn't want to dress too extravagant so I wanted something more simple and no crown, just my necklace my parents gave me and my favorite pearl earrings

I was finally dressed, so I made my descent down the stairs to the carriage

I was finally dressed, so I made my descent down the stairs to the carriage.  I was helped into my carriage and I made my way to the Bridgerton estate. Personally I was famished, I walked to the door and before I could knock, I was attacked by Hyacinth into a hug, I laughed and in the background I saw Gregory, and he waved and I smiled and waved back.

"Ready for breakfast?!" Wow she was excited, I moved closer and whispered, "Get in the carriage, I need to talk your brother," she looked at me and smirked and walked away and into the carriage with the help of my footsman.

Gregory POV

I laughed at my sisters antics, but what surprise me was Meilani walking towards me and I couldn't help but watch her beautiful figure sway towards me.
"Hey, I really enjoyed talking to you yesterday," she said tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, showing of her pearl earrings.

"I did as well, you look lovely today," i said scanning her brown dress.
"Why thank you, I was wondering if you still want to escort tomorrow with Lord Weston?" I dreaded her question, but I had to tell her the truth.

"Kate has arranged for me to escort Lady Weston, I really tried to disagree, but sadly I don't have a choice," I finished and I thought she be mad, but she touched my cheek and rubbed it with her thumb.

And when I thought she was gonna say something to me , she was interrupted by my sister to hurry up, she smiled at my and walked to her carriage. She waved at me goodbye and entered her carriage.

Hyacinth POV

I saw the moment Meilani and my brother was having, but I'm hungry, "Mei, let's goooo!" I yelled, which snapped them out of their dream like state. She finally entered the carriage and we headed to the bakery cafe and sat down in the back.

After ordering I started to ask her  about my brother, "Soooo I know you fancy my brother," she looked at me and blushed, and to that I giggled.

"We'll I do, he's very charming,but why would he want to marry me?" She said looking down at her lemonade. " Are you INSANE?!" I exclaimed a little too loudly.

"Hush,you know your brother Anthony and Kate would have to approve of the union and he may fancy Lady Weston more," she said taking a sip of her drink. "He talks about you all the time he definitely fancies you more, your smart, beautiful, and so much more so don't doubt my brother's affection for you, and don't worry about Kate, I'll handle her," I smirked and she laughed.

Meilani POV

Our food had finally arrived, we conversed about different things, I even talked about her spending the night over at the castle, but before she could comment, she was rudely interrupted by lord Weston.

"Oh Princess Meilani, it's very lovely to see you and you as well lady Hyacinth," he said kissing my gloved hand. I awkwardly removed my hand and put on my fake smile and replied.

"Oh lord Weston..."
"lord Ashton is fine," I rolled my eyes and continued speaking, "it's nice to see you here, is there something you needed," I questioned.

"Well I came to say I can not wait to escort you during the flower festival next week," he smiled and before I could say anything he continued, " I mean who wouldn't like to be escorted by the most eligible bachelor, any ways until turn darling," he kissed my hand once more and excused.

I looked at Hyacinth and she looked at me and we both erupted into laughter.
"What a pig, I wish your brother could escort me, but instead I'm stuck with that pig," i groaned. Hyacinth reached across the table and tapped my sympathetically and smile.

"Don't worry it's going to be ok," she grinned and I chuckled nervously and shook my head at her antics and continued enjoying my breakfasts.

Author note: Sorry, took me so long to post another chapter, kind of forgot about this book. Also, you guys should really watch Queen Charlotte.