TWENTY

With the threats of the Burned Ones being more voiced towards the students, the facility thought it would be a good idea to pair the fairies with the specialists to see if there could be any benefit to it.

Poppy was thankfully assigned to her favorite fairy, Terra Harvey.

"No fair. Why do I have to be assigned a nobody?" Freya complained for the billionth time. She didn't like how she was assigned a fairy she didn't know.

"Hey. Ryder Daniels could be a hot fairy and you just don't know it."

Freya shrugged. "I would know if Ryder Daniels is hot. Believe me I know everyone that's hot."

Poppy rolled her eyes. Before the girl could say anything she heard someone say, "You're Freya Madden right?"

Both the girls turned around to see a very attractive blonde guy. He easily towered over the girls even if they were 5'7.

"That's me." Freya smiled.

"I'm Ryder Daniels." He stuck out his hand which her friend gladly shook.

"Freya. But you already know that."

Poppy chuckled and couldn't bear to hear this conversation anymore. "Have fun you two."

With that, they girl sent out to find Terra. She waved to a few specialists she knew on the way as she spotted the girl talking to Musa and Aisha. "Ladies."

"Hi Poppy." They all say. 

"Ready to kick some ass?"

Terra nodded. "Oh you bet. I have a lot of pent up anger to let out."

"Thank God it won't be on me." Poppy chuckled, not wanting to mess with Terra when she's angry. "So who are your guys' partners?"

"We don't have any." Aisha answered.

"You don't?"

"Aisha and I have to follow around Dowling to let her know how all the students are doing. You know because we can read people so well." Musa explained.

"Hm. That sucks."

"Yeah but what can you do." Aisha sighed. "I guess we'll get going. Good luck you guys." And with that Aisha and Musa left.

Poppy turned her attention back to Terra to see her staring at Dane. He and his partner were currently fighting one of the teachers. "Have you talked to him since...?"

"Yeah." Terra sadly smiled. "I really thought he liked me you know. I was so nice to him and he was I don't know. Why is it that even if he said those nasty things about me, I still like him."

Poppy sighed, wrapping her hands around the girl. "Because we always see a side of people that nobody else does. It makes you feel special. Take it from me. I fell for the bad boy of Alfea hard might I add and I still love him." Terra listened to the girl.  "Sometimes the heart wants what it wants. But we can't live our lives thinking of the what if this happened or didn't happen. You're young and beautiful Terra, you have so much more to offer in this world than moping over a boy who doesn't even deserve you."

Terra smiled. She was grateful to have Poppy as her mentor. "Thanks Pops. Now let's go kick some ass."