TWENTY-FOUR

The pair gained some attention as they walked up the platform. Training was over and the only people that were here were the Specialists that wanted to get in some extra training. 

Poppy studied the boy. She could tell he was nervous. Even if he seemed so tough now, he was having a hard time maintaining eye contract with the girl. Every time he caught the girl looking at him intimidatingly, he would look away. That made this all the more fun for the girl.

"Your choice of weapon." Poppy said. She knew she could easily beat this boy no matter what weapon.

"Let's go with sticks. Since you know so much about them." Dane smirked. He was proud of what he just said, even though the people around him didn't laugh.

Poppy smirked. "Yes I do Dane. You too right?" The girl didn't forget the time when Terra asked if Dane was gay. He apparently had a weird hard on for her ex, current, whatever boyfriend. 

"Let's just go." Dane was tired of the girl. How he liked this girl he didn't know. She was a total bitch.

Poppy picked up a pair of sticks that her twin handed to her. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Whatever do you mean?"

Sky chuckled. "Kick his ass Pops."

Poppy fist pumped her twin as she made her way back to the center. In the corner of her eye, she can see Riven just appearing to the scene. He was confused as hell, but was quickly informed by her twin with what was going on. Towards her right, she can see Terra, Bloom, Aisha, Musa, and Freya smiling and cheering her on. They really wanted to see her kick his ass.

"Ready to embarrass yourself?" Poppy said.

"As if." Poppy quickly started her attack as to aimed to strike him at the side of his head catching the boy off guard. "Cheater. We didn't say start."

Poppy shrugged. "Expect the unexpected."

That got Dane angry. He started his attack, doing his very best to tire the girl out. This always worked with his opponents but it wasn't working because Poppy kept defending his strikes. She shielded herself from his attack at her head by making an X with her sticks which caused the boy to lose grip on one of his sticks that fell to the ground. 

Before the boy can react, the girl undid her X and hit the other stick out of his hand. He was weaponless. The girl pointed the stick up to the boy's chin. 

"Classy. Didn't realize you fight to cheat." Dane barked causing the girl to scoff. So she did what the boy wanted. She dropped her sticks. "You giving up? Already? This was too ea---."

The boy didn't finish his sentence until the girl punched him in the face and kicked him in the stomach. The boy fell back with the force. If he was angry before, he was on a whole nother level of angry. He launched himself towards the girl which she quickly stepped to the side causing the boy to fall off the platform, face onto the ground. Everyone watching was laughing at what just happened.  Even the girl didn't realize what just happened, until Sky came up to her.

"That was amazing. Well done." Sky smiled. 

"Shut up!" Dane yelled, getting up from the ground. "This isn't over."

"Get out of here Dane. You've embarrassed yourself enough already." Terra said to the boy. He did what he was told and walked away leaving the girl very proud of what just happened. That would show him not to mess with her or any of her friends anymore. 

✄-----------------------------

POPPY BE KICKING DANE'S ASS WITH ONLY DOING THE BARE MINIUMUM!! WE LOOOVE IT!!