Chapter twenty one

Dark clouds decorated the sky

Dark clouds decorated the sky. The sky grumbled angrily. Rain fell on the people that strolled on the busy streets.

Tommy looked out the window. It was probably the last time he would witness the free world.
The generous parents of Ziva made sure he had a lawyer by his side. They assured him he was one of the best.
The pale boy watched as the courtroom got filled. People he had seen maybe once or a few times were going to judge him. He thought it wasn't fair.
In their eyes he was an unhinged mute psychopath who didn't know right from wrong. The only who he knew were on his side were his friends.
Tommy turned around, leaving his eyes to roam. It took him a bit before he realized he was searching for those warm brown eyes. The eyes that never looked at him like he was some dirt.
But, they weren't there. The day he needed them the most; they just weren't there. He didn't blame Ziva or Elijah. It would be bad for them if Tommy was found guilty. He hoped they wouldn't get more bullied than they were. They didn't deserve it.

The attorney the family Jackson had provided sat next to him. He was an African American lawyer. From head to toe, the lawyer wore an expensive looking suit. His hand caressed his short shaved hair. His name was Trojan. Trojan looked besides him. "We got this, kid." He tried to make the kid feel better. "This is just the first trial."

Tommy nodded dully in answer. He never had hope for himself to begin with. And when he did, it immediately got crushed.

The courtroom fell silent. Tommy's eyes fell on to the judge who walked in the court. The judge spoke in a confident and authoritative tone. "Today we're here for the case of Tommy Tate." The attorney of Harry Tate began, placing a board with information in the judge's desk.

"How do you plead?" He put the board down, glancing at Tommy.
The boy cleared his throat. Anxiety began to creep in his throat.
"Not guilty, your honor, " Tommy got out. His low voice made the people in the courtroom whisper.

Attorney Trojan stood, and walked up to the judge, where the curious crowd behind him could also listen in. "Your honor, my client has been accused of homicide. Yet, no murder weapons or any other evidence has been found." He paused to look at Harry Tate.
"My client is innocent, until proven guilty."
Attorney Trojan turned back to his seat, sitting down.

The attorney of Harry Tate stood up, walking up to the judge. "Your honor," she started. "That boy sitting over there isn't a innocent boy." Her eyes wandered to Tommy, a glare on her face. "He killed his mother in cold blood and hid her between the walls for years.
He threatened and abused his father everyday so he would stay silent. I have here pictures of the evidence."
The attorney handed the folder in her hands  to the judge.
The judge made a disgusted face as soon as he opened it.
"As much as this revolts me, I have to ask if there are any more evidence as  finger prints and such."

The attorney of Harry nodded quickly. It made Tommy scoff. There was no evidence. He hadn't done it. Simple as that.

The attorney of Harry, Melanie, she grabbed a plastic bag which contained a knife. Dry blood decorated the knife. A bunch of astonished gasps echoed through the courtroom.