Chapter fourteen

"I'm so sick and tired of this town," Alexx muttered angrily, kicking a rock as he walked on the empty street

Just a few years, Alexx, the boy told himself in hopes he could calm himself down.

Why couldn't his parents understand that you could be friends with a person of color? Without any violence or issues. It wasn't like there weren't any white on white crime. Everybody loved hiding those.

Alexx had heard Chris, the father of Sarah, talking about how embarrassing it was to live next to black people. He even went as far and told the neighborhood how scared he was, having to keep an eye open at night. Alexx had replied simply back with the most nonchalant expression on his face.

"You might sleep with an eye open but them knowing they live next to a racist legally rapist that has a few felonies.. they will keep both their eyes open at night." The mouths of the adults around him fell open, their eyes almost jumping out over the words that had left Alex's mouth.

"Alexx," his father's hand roughly slapped him on the back of his head. Alexx didn't flinch, just rolled his eyes sinfully. He simply didn't care about everyone's opinions. They were simply wrong and they made a fool out of themselves by whatever nonsense came out of their mouths. 

Thinking back at that, Alexx had to hold his anger in. He sat down on the grass, sighing as he stared at the fish that were swimming in the water, in hope that they would calm him down before he went home.

"You look sad, why?" Alexx heard a soft, feminine voice very close to his right ear. He turned his head quickly to the voice, not noticing how close the blue haired girl was to his ear.

His lips suddenly touched her soft lips. The boy blushed, jerking his head away from the strange girl.  "Oh u-uhm my ba-bad," he seemed to get out of his lips, suddenly forgetting how to form a sentence.
The blue haired girl giggled. "Is this how you greet people?" She asked, still giggling. Alexx said nothing, scratching the back of his head nervously. "Who are you?" He asked, his eyes looking her up and down, not remembering seeing her in flowerhale. "I just moved here, a few blocks," she pointed somewhere but Alexx didn't look.

"I see," the boy mumbled, not feeling like being a nice person. He tried his best to be positive about everyone and everything but every time it would just fire back. He was sick of it.

"You look like you're about to cry." The girl said, tilting her head to the side, watching him more closely than she already was.

A frown appeared on Alexx's face."Maybe I was about to cry," he retorted. "You need a napkin?" The blue haired girl asked sincerely.

"Blue haired girl," Alexx sighed, looking her dead in the eyes, noticing the grey swimming with the green, playing with each other. Her eyes went big, waiting for the boy to continue.

"Fuck off," Alexx said, looking back at the water like she wasn't there.

The blue haired girl pouted. "I guess you're not as a nice person I thought you were," she said, making a 'hmp' sound as she stood up.

"Come back in 3-5 business days and you will meet the nicer version of me," Alexx replied, not looking up.

The blue haired girl grabbed him by the elbow, forcing him to stand up.

"What are you doing?" Alexx grumbled, standing on his feet, not bugging as the girl tried to push him with her. "You're a really bad kidnapper," he said, his gaze landing on his nails.

"That's not nice to say," the girl squeaked, finally sighing.
"Look I don't know you, you don't know me but you're in a bad mood and I want to make some tea for you. Tea makes everything better."

Alexx looked at her, staring a bit long. The girl had long sky blue hair that were in piggy tails. She wore a white tight fitting dress that reached above her knees. Knee high black Boots were attached to her feet.
Her eyes were a mixed color of grey and green. Soft lips clattered with glitter lipgloss that had touched Alexx's were standing in a pout as she was looking up to him. Alexx wondered silently if he too, had glitter lipgloss on his lips. His hand unconsciously reached his lips, touching it for a brief moment, making eye contact with the blue haired girl. He stuffed his hands in his pockets as he shrugged.

"Lead the way."

Ziva narrowed her eyes at Cherry. "Cherry!" She bellowed. "What are you eating?" She ran to her cat, but since the window was open, her cat jumped out of the window, looking back at her as she went on with chewing with whatever she had in her small mouth.

Ziva huffed, walking out of her room and knocking on her brother's door. She heard some shuffling around the room. Quick footsteps reached the door. Elijah peeked out the door, having the door a teeny tiny bit open that only showed half of his face.

"I'm bored. Let me in," Ziva deadpanned.

Elijah laughed nervously before he shook his head at his little sister. "Actually I'm busy right now," he said.

Ziva frowned. "All you do is sit in your room. With what are you busy?" She asked, folding her arms in front of her.

"I'm... reading a book," he answered her, smiling at the end of the sentence.

"What book?" Ziva questioned him. It was quiet between the two siblings as they stared in each other's eyes, not backing down.
That was before a sudden sneeze was heard in the room. Ziva's eyes immediately went bigger, knowing someone was in the room.
Elijah was not alone. "Whatever," she huffed out. "I don't care. Have fun." She walked away, making sure to slam her door, to get the frustration out of her system.

She hadn't heard from Tommy, also. It was like he disappeared. Only at night he seemed to be in his room.

Ziva went on her knees, grabbing Mrs. Devals book. She bounced on the bed, getting under the sheets. Her fingers skipped through the pages before she noticed something.

Summer Tate.

That was the name of Tommy's mother. Ziva had a friend whose father worked as detective. She grabbed her phone, texting her friend for the favor.

She didn't had to wait long for a answer. Ziva sent her the name of the woman, hoping it would work.

It was almost summer, and if everything went as planned, Tommy would be reunited with his mother in the summer vacation.