Chapter Twenty seven

Emptiness

Emptiness.

Darkness

It felt like she was stuck in a dark space. No door, no one nearby. It felt like Ziva landed in another world. Alone.
That's the only way she could describe how it felt. It felt familiar, but also surreal to her.

In the far distance of the darkness Ziva could hear people talking. She stood up, walking towards the voices. She continued to listen for the muffled voices, walking towards them.

"Hello?" She called out.
The teenage girl stopped walking for a second. She looked down at her hand wearing a confused expression. It suddenly felt warm. Like someone was holding it. Ziva smiled softly, squeezing her hand shut tightly.

The muffled voices were louder, crying.

"Please!" Ziva cried out. "Where are you? Where am I?" She asked, the last sentence softly spoken. "I don't wanna be alone."

It felt like she was walking for days. She felt worn out.
The teenage girl let herself fall down the abyss. She closed her eyes. She kept slipping further and further away from the voices.
A sad smile displayed on her lips.

It wasn't long before Ziva felt herself falling on the ground. It didn't hurt, though. She looked around herself. It was still dark. She looked around. Not one light nearby.
The teenage girl suddenly felt her feet aching, her back hurt. She massaged her wrist. "Ow," Ziva softly said.

Ziva decided to sit on the black ground. She closed her eyes, letting herself fall softly on her back. Waiting.

Just waiting for something. Anything.

It felt like days flew over. Maybe weeks. And the teenage girl was still in the same place. She sat in a cross legged legged position. Her eyes still closed. She breathed softly in and out.

"This is boring," the girl sighed out to no one. She was all alone, but she wasn't scared anymore.

"How did I even land here?" Ziva wondered.
Her head immediately started throbbing, pulsating to the point she had to hold her head between her two hands. It felt like someone was stabbing multiple times in Ziva's head.

"It hurts," the teenage girl whimpered to herself. "It hurts so much." And there was no one to help her, to reassure her everything will be fine.
She was truly all alone. Again.

She couldn't even hear muffled sounds anymore.

A true banshee scream left Ziva's lips. In the scream you could hear how desperate she was; hoping someone would hear her.
Angry; she didn't know where she was.
Distressed; she didn't want to die in a place like this.
And lastly a hint of impatience; she had been in the black abyss for too long. And she didn't even know for what reason. It made her crazy. She had so many questions.

The soft sounds of a beeping machine could be heard in the distance.
It made Ziva swiftly stand up. She wasted no time as she sprinted towards the sound. It was as if she had been training her whole life for this.
She ran like her life depended on it.

The beeping noises were heard much clearer. A victorious smile appeared on Ziva's face. She was so close!
Her breathing quickened.

A small, white light appeared in the distance.
It forced Ziva stop running for a moment.
It had been awhile since she had seen a light. She curiously looked at. She then made a sprint for it.
The light got bigger and bigger. The obnoxious sounds of the beeping machines got much clearer and cleared as she ran towards it.

It was so bright.

She ran towards the light, until it swallowed her entire being.

What felt like for the in-numerous time, Ziva fluttered her eyes open.
She flickered them closed and open a few times; the light was too bright for her.
The first thing she noticed was she felt uncomfortable. Her body felt so uncomfortable. Like she was struck by a thousand needles in her entire body.

Ziva knitted her thick eyebrows, looking confused at the dark skinned teenager in the seat next to her.
He had a long and wide nose. His eyes were closed, in a deep sleep with his mouth open. He had soft light brown lips. High cheekbones that complimented his other features. The boy had his black shoulder length dreadlocks in a messy ponytail.
The teenage girl assumed it was because his short dreads in the front would be in his face.
The boy was holding Ziva's hand tight, yet softly. It felt.. familiar and safe.
Every now and then he squeezed her hand in his sleep.

Ziva forced herself to yank her hand away from his.

It made the boy wake up in a jolt. His eyes immediately connected with the girl within a second. His eyes widened, a smile so big it hurt his cheeks appeared on his lips.

"Ziva! You're up!" He jumped instantly from his seat, opening his arms. No matter how annoying he had thought she was at moments, she was still his little sister. He had been there everyday for her. Talking to her in hope she would wake up.

"Stop!" Ziva flinched away from him. She held her hands out in in front of her for protection.

It made the teenage boy stop for a second. A puzzled expression on his face, looking at her. "Mom and dad are in the kantine, drinking coffee," the boy started.

Ziva didn't lost eye contact with the teenage boy. He felt so familiar. But she just couldn't wrap her finger around his name.

So she asked the simple question. Not knowing how it would break the boy hearing those words leave her mouth.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?"

Hi! I took pity upon all of you even though I said I would only update a chapter after every 111 votes (still counts, I just wanted to update this chapter

Hi! I took pity upon all of you even though I said I would only update a chapter after every 111 votes (still counts, I just wanted to update this chapter.)

(Shameless self promotion approaching.)
If you like my books, please don't forget to check out my new book I uploaded a few days ago!🩷

) If you like my books, please don't forget to check out my new book I uploaded a few days ago!🩷