Chapter one

Just like every day, Tommy watched out of the window, watching the street

Just like every day, Tommy watched out of the window, watching the street. It was empty, except for the two moving trucks and one car. His light blue eyes followed the people that stepped out of the car. He watched two dark skinned  people walking to the front of the house, the man holding the woman in his arms. It seemed like they were smiling up at each other. The man had a line up, his black hair looking trimmed recently. When he laughed at his wife, his plump lips revealed straight white teeth, seeming to almost wake up the sun as it shone at him. He wore casual light clothing, though he looked like the kind of man who would wear suits every day. He took off his sun glasses, getting a better view of the house, probably. Tommy could see his mouth moving. He probably said something funny as his wife laughed at what ever he said. Tommy couldn't see his eyes, but he bet they were dark.

His wife didn't look like all the other wives in town. She had a big green headscarf with patterns on it on her head. It looks heavy, he thought. Just like her husband, the wife had a set of white straight teeth that was revealed as she laughed up at him. She wore a long green dress with the same patterns on her head scarf. It did looked a bit handmade but it was nonetheless beautiful.

The house that they seemed the move in was owned first by Miss and Mr. Devals. They moved away, no longer than a year ago. There was nothing wrong with the house. Nothing at all. It may or not may have been because Miss and Mr. Devals were the sweetest people on earth. They were the town most beloved people. Always doing things out the kind of their hearts. But, after their daughter had died, they moved with a heart break away, not wanting any more sad memories of their most beloved daughter.

The blonde boy shook away the memories, not wanting to think of that. Instead, he watched a chubby black girl jump out of the car with a black cat in her hands. Her black hair was braided in a weird way Tommy had never seen in his life. The braids complimented her dark complexion. Her eyes were framed by long lashes. The girl had small twinkling dark hazel eyes, already seeming to brighten the world. He hadn't seen a round nose like her in his entire life. It looked so different. It was a bit flat but wide and big. Her plump lips were also never seen by the white boy.

Her eyes immediately looked up at the house, making gasping movements, smiling afterwards. She looked around the neighborhood, spotting the pale boy by the window, ignoring him as she watched the rest of the neighborhood, thinking if she would find her own place in a new town. She put the black cat on the ground letting it walk peacefully and watching its new territory. She grabbed a pink backpack from the trunk of the car and walked towards the house, opening the front door as the first person.

Tommy watched as a dark boy who's skin resembled much like chocolate raced out of the car towards the front door, almost running the girl out of the way. He couldn't describe the boy very well as he moved too fast to look at. The only thing he knew was he was tall. He kept watching them, seeing the girl push the boy away from the door with an unusual strength and running into their house.