Part Three- Death of a Brother

Trigger warnings in the description

Caitlyn

The explosion of Hextech had sent my mind spinning with flashes of blue and purple, a dull whine ringing through my ears as I stumbled off of my bed. A cough forced itself roughly from my throat as I collapsed on the floor, the healing bullet wound on my leg screaming in protest.

Through the haze, a single thought found its way to the front of my mind.

Why do these sparks look like shimmer and Hextech at the same time?

I didn't have time to ponder over it before an explosion suddenly went off on the roof right above me, and a scream shattered from my chest as burning debris crashed down onto my already wounded leg faster than I could blink. My vision was once again clouded, this time with white hot pain and smoke from the fire that was now filtering in. I managed to gather myself enough to force my leg from under the rubble -despite the shot of agony that spiked through my muscles- and drag myself away from the flames as best I could.

There was a moment where I debated staying, and just letting myself die. Without Vi, was there even a point...? Self preservation won over, and I shook my head wildy to disperse the thoughts.

I barely made it over the threshold of my room and managed to snag a picture of Vi and I before flames seemed to have engulfed the entirety of it all. I slammed the door shut the best I could and kept dragging myself away from it, groans of pain falling from my mouth as my legs trailed limply behind me. They were now officially useless, even more so than they'd been already.

By some miraculous chance of fate, I made it down the stairs and to the front door, where I rested against the wall, my breathing heavy. The fire had eaten through my heavy double doors and was popping and roaring angrily as it devoured the carpet along the hallway, destroying painting and wall decorations as it went.

I barely winced as the house of Kiramman was ashened around me. The mansion had rarely been a home. It was just a building where I lived, where my parents had lived, and I found that the thought of it being gone didn't really trouble me.

Once the flames were finding their way down the stairs, I began to panic. I knew the smoke would soon become too much for me, and if I wasn't able to get far enough from the house in time it was a toss of the dice as to whether the fire or the haze would kill me first.

I laughed bitterly at the thought.

There were suddenly loud crashes and the sound of someone calling out coming from my room, and at first I tensed, thinking it would be Jinx or someone out to find and kill me. My worries were immediately bashed away and replaced with new ones when a form smashed through what was left of my blazing door, and out charged Vi in all her beaten, tear stained glory.

I must've screamed her name for how much the action hurt my throat, and there was a moment where her frightened, sky blue gaze met mine.

It was marvelous.