Part Eleven- Please Don't Leave

Trigger warnings in the description

⚠️Emphasized trigger warning due to possible extra sensitivity to suicide and main character death⚠️

Keep in mind: this is the last chapter!!! I hope you enjoy 🥰

Violet

A scream tore itself from my throat and I jerked forward, my first instinct being to get to my sister before she inevitably collapsed with a bullet in her head. But yet again, it wasn't so. I only made it a couple panicked steps before I was forced to stop, the triple barrel of Jinx's machine gun pointed directly up into my face. I froze, my heart shuddering.

Jinx hadn't fallen, but a small graze now marred her forehead, dripping blood down her pale skin. She was seething with unbridled fury, her chest heaving as she kept her weapon pointed on me. She grit her teeth harshly, the blood slipping down to her lips as she spit with anger. "You. Lied."

"No, no, Powder, please-"

Her foot suddenly made contact with my hip, and an object clattered to the ground before I could move away. I felt my eyes widen.

The flair. The flair I was supposed to use once I found Jinx. The flair that was going to lead the rest of them right to us. The sentiment seemed to be useless now.

"You were going to lead them to me, weren't you?" Jinx's voice wavered, and Powder lowered the triple barrel. The heavy artillery fell to the dirt with a harsh clunk. I stared at her in desperation, afraid to move. Her dead gaze shifted to something above my shoulder, eyes flickering. "You and that stupid enforcer," she muttered. Bile dripped down my throat.

Caitlyn.

"Powder, please, I would never let them hurt you."

I never would've given you to them. Not for anything.

She flinched away from me, cowering behind her hands, her body shaking. "Stop, stop, stop," Jinx whimpered, a snarl echoing in her chest. Her foot skidded across her fallen gun and she stumbled, the muscles on her back twitching as she seemed to spasm, arms contorting and fists banging against her head. "You're wrong, you're all wr-wrong-" She broke off with a small wail. "She came back, she came back for me, leave me alone, leave me alone... leave me alone... please..."

Powder's voice trailed off into hopeless mutterings, her broken, crazily colored nails digging into the flesh on her temples as she gave a silent scream.

"Powder...? Pow-Pow, it's- it's okay..." I took a hesitant step towards her, my bloodied hands trembling. Please, please just let me have my sister back, Jinx or Powder, I don't care, just her...

"No, it's not okay! NOTHING- is okay!" Her screams were guttural, sounds of fury and loss, the cry of a child on the devastating brink of death.