Interlude: Conceptional Existence

If you get confused don't worry, this chappy is confusing

Not every story began or ended on a happy note.

Just as not every story began or ended, on a sad note or with a bang.

Errors story... just began?

An endless white as far one could see, his beginning his birth... a fragment of existence given form.

He knew right away his duty, he didn't like his duty and Fate could just back off with those voices she infested it with.

He had come to be to keep the balance between Creation and Destruction, knowing that if it became balanced and stayed that way he would rest.

That did not happen, as Ink did not understand there reason for existing.

So he dug in and continued forward, doing his best to keep up with Fates brat.

During this he learned so many things, he leaned to hate, he learned love he learned friendship.

He learned to live, not just an automa of Destruction.

The Stars of Outertale he could stare for as long as he could, he would happily knit with Blue in those few stolen moments. He'd debate with Nightmare over factors of the multiverse, and laugh, joke and prank with those Nightmare gathered under his protection.

He learned happiness.

He learned Death.

So Error waited for the fragments that made up his existence to dist to fade, a new living conceptional destroyer would be born once he was no more.

He understood.

He accepted it.

The glitched being didn't want to say goodbye.

He didn't want to hear Nightmare begging him to live, to cry for the first time in eons.

For them he wanted to live, to stay.

------

What?

He had died?

He was a ghost.

No... a memory of what had been.

He was in.. Nightmare's place, in a gently done bedroom with a crib.

How long had it been?

Error leaned over the crib, staring at the baby bones sleeping there his fingers gently touching the two fragile skull.

Oh...

Oh oh...

He understood.

Nightmare had always hated saying goodbye.

The memory of the destroyer wondered how he had pulled this off.

This was him, the new him.

He smiled, one day this him would remember. If they become the destroyer was there choice, as they were no longer conceptional.

They were truly real.

"Sleep well Nim," he whispered.