Chapter Three: A Party to Remember

Nightmare had a few wild looks thrown at him as he entered the area where the party was really going. He rarely came to these parties, and the cute as a button toddler holding onto him drew attention.

Nim was adorable, and Nightmare knew it.

He was quite smug about how wonderful his kid was.

"Holy crap!" Whispered a rather unremarkable sans when they spotted Nim.

Nightmare gave them the evil eye for swearing.

"No swearing," Killer said with a wicked grin, appearing beside the Sans. He was holding a jar labled Swear jar - Nim's College Fund.

Nervously, the Sans put money in it, and Killer walked away humming.

"Mama, bad word?" Nim asked.

"Yes, a bad word you will never repeat," Nightmare said, after all couldn't have his kid become foul-mouthed. Even when Nim was Error, the other rarely swore.

"Cute kid," Reaper said, sauntering over.

"Thanks," Nightmare said with a glare.

After all, he'd grabbed Error's soul from the hands of death.

Literally.

"Mama?" Nim asked, curious. Nightmare gently placed his treasure on the floor.

"Why don't you explore a bit, I'll keep an eye on you," Nightmare said softly.

Nim gave a brilliant smile and headed towards where he could see Death's kid, Goth, and his ward, Palette playing.

"You're not taking his soul," Nightmare hissed, too quietly for anyone but Death to hear.

"Oh don't worry, little Nim won't be on my list for a very long time," Reaper said with an easy grin.

"Good," Nightmare said.

"But next time, I won't be so generous," Reaper... no, Death said, his smile sinister.

Then it was over, no one else seemed to have noticed the confrontation.

"I'm glad we had this conversation," Reaper said, all friendly smiles, then sauntered back over to his mate, Geno.

Nightmare hid his shivers.

OoOoO

"Hi!" a voice chirped.

Palette blinked as a voice interrupted his conversation with Goth. They'd been discussing what their parents had talked to them about a few days ago, where they had sat him down and explained that they had adopted him, and believed that he was old enough to know of his birth parents.

Which explained a lot.

He'd had no idea that Dream and Ink were his parents.

He looked around, but couldn't locate the voice's owner. "Who's there?" he asked confused.

"Down!" the voice chirped, he blinked and followed the directions.

A tiny kid stood there, just out of babyhood, with bones that seemed to glow like moonlight, large golden eyelights which seemed strangely familiar, and an innocent, pure smile.

He wore a dark purple sweater, black pants, and small purple boots with moon sigils on them. He had a large lavender scarf around his neck, tied in a giant bow behind his head.

"Hi, who are you?" Palette asked, curious.

"Nim is Nim," the babybones said, looking up at them.

"Hi, Nim! I'm Palette, and this is Goth," Palette said pointing to Goth.

"Yo," Goth said with a shy smile.

"Yo... Nim likes yo," Nim said, trying out the word.

This was absolutely precious, too pure, stars this kid was adorable.

Suddenly, both Palette and Nim turned to look towards the entrance of the building, then looked away, neither realizing their magic had recognized their parent's.