Chapter Six: Bond

Gold eyelights met gold.

Dream was having a mental breakdown, he knew Nightmare would murder him if he somehow hurt this tiny child.

The smaller golden eyelights went half lidded, and a tiny adorable yawn filled the air.

Oh my stars....

Adorable

"Unca Dweam, Nim wanna pway," Nim said and actually snuggled up to the Guardian of positivity.

"Well..." Dream said, he looked across the room where Nightmare was dragging Dust away from... yet another Sans he didn't recognize "Sure."

Nim beamed a smile, and Dream swore his soul became lighter.

OoOoO

A few minutes later he found himself in a corner playing with Nim on his lap, building a castle out of blocks.

"Dats the twone," Nim said, pointing at the only red block in good condition.

"Can't have a castle without a throne," Dream agreed, placing the red block in what Nim had called the throne room.

"Mama King," Nim said.

"Yes, King of Nightmares and darkness," Dream said, Nim beamed happily.

"Oh! It needs Knights to protect the King!" Palette said, putting down a few wooden soldiers.

"Too bad were inside, or we could have a moat," Goth thoughtfully said.

"Moat?" Nim said looking up bright eyed.

"Your mama can show you one when you build a sand castle," Palette told his unknown cousin, Nim nodded thoughtfully.

Dream.. had no idea how he'd ended with all three children around him, and while he'd make a lousy parent, he was enjoying this Uncle moment with all three.

"And the Queen?" he asked Nim.

"Unca Dweam is Qween," Nim said happily, Dream felt himself actually blush.

"Wouldn't your papa be a better Queen?" Dream asked curious.

"Only mama," Nim said causing Dream to frown.

"Oh..." Dream said, realizing whoever the tiny shins father was they were not in the picture.

"Horsey?" Nim said as Goth placed a rather girly pony toy in the stables.

"Knights need there horses," Goth said, Dream held back a snort at how adorable this was.

"Neigh..." Nim said.

Dream listened to the three children continue the castle build, slowly drifting asleep against the wall.

This party, he was so glad he came.

OoOoO

Nightmare headed to where he could feel Nim, getting Dust settled had taken much to much time.

It was getting late, and he really had to get Nim to bed otherwise he'd be cranky in the morning.

Automatically a lot of people moved out of the way, not wanting to face him even here.

He blinked when he found his only child.

Dream was asleep against teh wall, head lolled downwards. Nim was asleep on his chest, on either side off Dream, were the sleeping forms of Goth and Palette.

A sad smile came to his face, knowing that Dream would unlikely to realize Nim was his child that he was bonding with. Carefully he took out his camera and took a few pictures, one of the sounds from pictures must have woken Nim as a golden eyelight opened.

"Mama?" Nim asked sleepily.

"Time to go home sleepy," Nightmare told him, gently pulling him out of his sires lap.

"Unca Dweam?" Nim asked.

"You can see him again another time," Nightmare said, settling the tiny bones against his chest. Nims soft breaths were soon heard, as the child quickly fell asleep again.

Nightmare peered once again at the sleeping Dream, Dream father of his precious Nim. Nim who would be his only child ever due to the curse of the dark apples, the reborn Error. He wanted to thank Dream for giving him his Nim, but... Dream could never know he was Nims father.

The danger wasn't Dream, but those that followed Dream.

With that, Nightmare left the party.