Chapter Four: Forced Positivity

Finally Inspiration, can't believe it took so long for this to live again. so thank you all who hung on

The atmosphere of the party was soothing, mostly positives with a grumble here and there.

The Guardian of Positivity took a deep breath and knocked, moments later Sci opened the door.

"He arrived already," Sci said as Dream stomped snow off his boots, he smiled a bit and hung up his jacket.

"That's good," Dream said, Sci was one of the few to know who both of Palettes biological parents were as He'd helped Dream give birth.

"Dream..." Sci said before he could enter.

"Yes?" he asked curious.

"Nightmare is here with his child, I\m only telling you this so you won't mess up meeting the kiddo," Sci said strangely.

"A Kid... Nightmare!" Dream said in shock.

"Yes, he's almost two years old," Sci said waving him over to the door, he then pointed to something in the other room. Curious Dream peeked through and gasped, talking animatedly with sweet Palette and Goth was a itty bitty child that looked a lot like Nightmare.

"Like a mini Nightmare," he breathed "who is the mother?"

"Nightmare is the mother, its the father that's unknown," Sci told him.

Dream stared at the precious scene of Palette getting to know his unknown cousin, wishing he wasn't so much a failure of a parent.

He.. was jealous.

Nightmare had raised a child all by himself, and he'd had to give his up.

He sighed and stepped away from the door, gathering his thoughts.

"Thanks Sci, better to have warning then walk into it without it," Dream said with a wobbly smile.

"Are you okay?" Sci asked concerned.

"No... but that won't stop me," Dream said pulling himself together, or at least as near as he could get.

He pushed open the door.

OoOoO

Nightmare sipped at a rather good year of wine, keeping a careful eye on Nim. While he knew the party was under truce, everyone knew he was one of the most powerful beings here so wouldn't try anything. The problem was Nim was Nightmares child, and there was always an idiot that might try something.

Nim was a baby bones, he didn't yet have the power he would have once he was older.

He wasn't quiet sure what to make of the Death family's adopted child, oh.. he knew who the parents were.

He could feel both Dreams and Ink power from the child.

But he was also Nim's half sibling, and he didn't know how he felt about that.

Dream had a child and had given him away, Nightmare had managed to raise his own child and do his own duties. What had changed? What had caused Dream to suddenly withdraw so much during those years.

Dream had a habit of going out drinking now and then alone, not the best idea.

It was just after he'd taken Error's soul, and found a way to covert it into an unborn monsters soul. He'd been looking for someone else yo be his father, as eh needed another source to support a child's body. It was never a good idea to use magic to have only one parent for a skeleton pregnancy conception.

Unlike what others would think, Nightmare had not taken advantage of his brother.

He did come across Dream drunk, drunk Dream had spotted him and literally jumped him.

Nightmare had no clue how his twin had convinced him into bed with him, in the morning when he'd woke he'd left a bit embarrassed.

That had not been what he had been looking for.

But it given him a precious gift, jump starting the pregnancy that would grow his child's body.

Since Dream hadn't said anything, Nightmare doubted he remembered that Night.

But the other had stopped drinking after that.

He sighed as he felt a nervous bundle of emotions come his way, he recognized them to well.

"Hello Nightmare," Dream said quietly.

"Hello Dream," Nightmare responded.