Chapter 9

"NO! NOT PETER! NO-"

"SIR! PLEASE LISTEN TO ME-"

"NO, NOT MY KID NO-"

At this point, Tony was already sobbing, his legs had given in as soon as he heard about Peter. He felt like someone had ripped his heart out. The feeling of losing Peter was bigger than when he had been blipped.

He was already connecting plans in his head. He had time traveled once to save him, he could do it again. He would just have to steal-

"SIR, I'M DETECTING VERY LOW HEARTBEATS. I RECOMMEND YOU TAKE PETER TO THE MEDBAY."
Not really understanding what was happening just that he had to take his son to his Tower to save him, Tony rushed to brace the teenager for flight.

"SIR STEP BACK, I'M GOING TO ATTEMPT TO STABILIZE HIS HEARTBEAT WITH THE DEFIBRILLATOR. GRAB HIS MASK AND PUT YOUR SUIT BACK ON!"

Tony ran as the suit assembled on him to get the Spider-Man suit mask on the other corner of the room stumbling on a few candy wrappers and packaging on the floor.  Peter's back arched as FRIDAY remotely desfribilated him using the pads hidden inside his suit.

Everything after that was a blur to Tony, the memories of putting the mask on Peter, picking him up, and flying at high speed to his Tower, he didn't hear the people on the streets exclamation at the sight of Iron Man carrying an unconscious Spider-Man nor FRIDAY who was asking questions on who to call to help Peter before ultimately making the decision herself.

Tony and Peter were received by a team of paramedics with a stretcher. Temperature readings and blood samples were collected and the results were alarming to even the most experienced doctors on the team. The teenager was undergoing shock, his temperature was wildly fluctuating, proteins they couldn't identify were present in his blood, and he was essentially in a crisis.

As they were down on the lift towards the MedBay floor the paramedics looked at each other alarmed, they knew Dr. Cho and Dr. Banner were already there waiting for the boy but they doubted they could do anything to help him. Stabilize him, maybe. Heal him of whatever this was? No way in hell. And they got their confirmation when they saw Dr. Cho turn into a confused frown as she gave him medications made for Captain America because as they are both enhanced it should work the same way, right? Wrong, it did little to no effect on Peter making her worry while she was trying a higher dose of the medicine on him and Bruce start tinkering around on a whiteboard for alternative medicine for Peter. At this point, the paramedics were brainstorming preventive actions they could take to possibly regulate his current situation and people that could probably try to help him in ways that they probably couldn't. Eventually, they all agreed, that Dr. Hank Pym was their best bet, he is an American entomologist, biochemist, roboticist, engineer and physicist, and "Scientific Adventurer" that was actively involved in Avengers business because of his daughter and his son in law and would probably like the challenge.

Tony was in an almost catatonic state besides Peter. The only sign that showed he was conscious there was him shifting his position so they could access their patient and change ice packs into new ones or a mountain of blankets. It took almost an entire hour for Dr. Pym finally get there, thirty minutes passed until he made the hypothesis that the kid was going through another cycle of mutation because of the amount of the enzymes from the histone acetyltransferase complexes (that actively participate in the deactivation and activation of the expression of genes) and an actively increasing diluted deflorine peptides in his lunatic system, he was 95% sure of that and recommended they regulated his signals under the parameters of Steve's ones.

The billionaire started sobbing with the image of what could've happened if he had never gotten to Peter. He had told him before that his first mutation was horrible, that May told him that he was in a state between conscious and unconscious the entire time, probably because of the fluctuating temperature that at times went up to 105⁰ F or 40,5⁰C very alike to what was currently happening, and being spoon-fed by her and Ben in the meantime. FRIDAY had told him his pulse was low, what would have happened if he didn't get there in time? Peter was mostly human and even if there are some species of Spiders that went into hibernation that triggers a very low cardiac rhythm he didn't want to think about what would happen to his kid. His precious kid, the kid he moved hell and earth to get back. Fuck, the kid he invented time-traveled to save. He would do anything, absolutely anything to save his kid because he can't and wouldn't live without him ever again.