Ayaka, The Rival (Part 2) & Shocking Revelation

"Come, Daughter of Shirogane!" The transcended Ayaka ordered.

Noelle strengthens her grip on the hilt of Whiteblind as Ayaka glided across the air, freezing any bodies of water beneath her.

The clanging metal sounds of both blades clashing against each other is heard, and a golden light as well as an icy blue light illuminates the darkness. A certain figure with a stern expression looked from the top of Tenshukaku, and clicked her tongue before going back to the throne room to meditate.

They began to continuously attack each other, but none of their attacks hit their bodies. Their attacks later end up with both of their weapons thrown away from their hands, and they begin to fight hand to hand.

Noelle lands a kick on Ayaka's torso, sending her flying out of control out of the estate and the former followed. The both of them now had more space to fight.

They continued on to fight without their weapons, and traded fists and kicks with each other until one concentrated punch which ends up with their fists hitting each other, pushing them both back a couple of feet.

Noelle readied her fists which glows in a golden light, while Ayaka froze a part of the sea breeze to create a tachi made of ice.

The both of them then dashed towards each other, Noelle with the intent to subdue Ayaka while Ayaka herself wanted to kill Noelle.

"I'll put everything in this one slash... And if I succeed, then I will have him to myself!"

"This is insanity, Lady Ayaka! Cease your action while you still can! Or you'll leave me no choice..."

The distance between each other is becoming even closer, until suddenly a silhouette dashed by.

"Both of you, stop!" It is Aether, he stood in the middle of their attack paths.

No good, I can't stop! Noelle said mentally.

Aether!? No, get out of the way...! Ayaka pleaded mentally.

Their attacks nearly hit Aether just before he raised two geo constructs, but he wasn't able to as a pairs of hands grabbed them by their wrists, and threw them aside.

Noelle fell off the cliff and onto the beach below where her punch connects to the ground and an explosion is heard. Ayaka on the other hand lands on the grass, freezing the dews that are trickling down them.

Ayaka and Aether looked at the interceptor, who is none other than Ei herself.

"Now that was too close, isn't it?"

"Ei!?" Aether called out.

"Shogun-Sama..."

"What do you two think you're doing here? That was a little intense for a sparring match, wasn't it? What's wrong with you two?" Ei asked, giving Ayaka a disappointed look.

"Hmph..." Was Ayaka's reply before she flew away to the estate.

Her encounter with Shirogane's daughter... And her jealousy towards her intimacy with the Traveler... Ei speculates the reason mentally.

"Noelle, where are you!?" Aether shouted, as he ran to the edge of the cliff and looked down at the beach.

Noelle lies inside a huge crater, unconscious and her body is trembling. From the estate's rooftop Ayaka was able to see it as well and her entire being shook. She still isn't as powerful as her yet.

"Her head got hit! Noelle! Noelle!" Aether shouted out her name over and over, but no answer came out as her trembling form finally stayed still but still breathing. Ayaka grits her teeth as she witnesses that maid is in his arms.

"Bring her to Miko. She'll take care of her for the time being."

After an unknown amount of time has passed, Noelle opens her eyes finding herself inside an adeptal realm by the looks of it.

"Your spirit has finally awakened, oh Transcended One."

A white crane stood over Noelle, as the latter slowly gets up. Noelle is speechless, but then mustered a question.

"Spirit...? Awakened?"

"Do not worry. That Inazuma Kitsune has nursed your physical body back to health after the fall."

"The fall...? I remember...! Lady Ayaka, she attacked--"

"This Lady Ayaka that you have spoken of was scolded by her brother for such acts of humanly jealousy."

"I...I see... I recognize you... You were there at the Jade Chamber back during the Fatui attack."

"Indeed this one is. One goes by the name of Cloud Retainer, and as mentioned, you have awakened in spirit. You can traverse between both realms as you may wish, even without that artifact that the Traveler gave you."

"But I don't understand. I'm not even from Liyue and I have no learning of the adeptal arts... How can I...?"

"You may have transcended, and obtained power surpassing even that of Rex Lapis. But your spirit has yet awakened until the recent event. You've shown immense loyalty towards your master, and thus your transcendence has not just affected your physical body, but the spiritual body as well."

"I... I see."

"One has learned from your master that you wished to be... A knight within the order you served. However, if you continue to use your powers that you gained during your transcendence... Then that wish can become conflicting."

"C-Conflicting!? Why!?" Noelle asked in panic.

"Are you able to bear it, if one tells the reason?"

Noelle's body trembles as she gulped in fear, and prepares to listen to whatever revelation that Cloud Retainer has to say.

"You will become immortal. And as one remembers, there are nobody within your order's grandmasters that have stayed in the order after gaining divine immortality."