Fated Battle Between Rivals

Both Noelle and Ayaka struck their blades against each other, each hit resonating with the earth beneath them. The high concentration of cryo from Ayaka's tachi caused the inside of the gap which is filled with balethunder to become unstable and superconduct, making the gap colder as a result.

At one point, they locked their blades. Sparks of cryo and geo begin to shoot out of their blades.

"Lady Ayaka, maybe if we met with different circumstances in our pasts, maybe we could've been..."

Ayaka interrupted by pushing her away, and after a small chuckle she asked.

"We could have been, what exactly?"

"Maybe we could have been the best of friends... if Mother never did cause chaos in Inazuma in the past."

"Best of friends...?"

Ayaka then bursts into a maniacal laughter.

"Friends... You and me? In your dreams, maybe. In both circumstances, we still will meet Aether, and we fight for his affection... Don't you get that? It's fate that brings us both to battle here."

"Fate..."

Noelle begins to question it mentally. What is her fate? Is it to achieve her dreams of becoming a knight, or ending up becoming immortal and having to sever ties with the living. Just as she thought of that, Ayaka landed an attack at her chest armor, which barely made a dent.

Noelle focused back onto the fight, and pushed Ayaka away from her. She threw her Unforged claymore to Ayaka, who dodges it, but then Noelle used her fingers to motion it as if commanding it to go back. Ayaka realizes this, and turned around just in time to parry the flying greatsword, leaving her open to Noelle who summoned a polearm from the same Adeptus Portal to perform a corkscrew attack with it, knocking Ayaka down to the ground. She then threw the polearm back to the portal, and picked up the Unforged claymore from the ground.

"Do you yield?" Noelle asked, pointing the huge blade towards Ayaka.

Ayaka leapt upwards, and stomped on the blade of the Unforged.

"Never."

She then did a back flip, kicking Noelle in the chin sending her flying upwards. Ayaka then flew upwards with her cryo heron wings, and when she reached Noelle she kicked her two times in the chest, and when she got even higher above Noelle, she made a downward kick that sends the Maid-Knight back to the earth, the impact causing a crater to form.

Neither of them are still unscathed, despite the heavy attacks they landed on each other for a while now, thanks to their transcended bodies having more resistance to damage than before they became like that. Neither of them could not be called human anymore as well thanks to that.

Noelle slowly stood up, rising from the crater, and she ran out of it just as Ayaka landed on the ground ten feet away from where Noelle is standing. 

"We really should cease fighting. This does not change anything!"

"Never. This needs to go on, to prove who is worthy for Aether's heart!"

"Then let him choose who's worthy!"

"Like I have said, never. Kamisato-ryuu: Soumetsu!" Ayaka chanted, however instead of using her folding fan, she used her wings to summon a snowstorm.

Noelle retaliated by pumping her fists forward, and make an opening motion with them, forming a barrier of geo that is unlike her breastplate ability which surrounds her body. This one instead made a circular barrier right in front of her, which deflects the snowstorm away. The earth beneath her begin to shake, as some of the ground is literally pulled out, into smaller rocks which Noelle used to launch at Ayaka.