A Talk Back Home

As the Crux sails through the sea once again, Noelle poked Aether's shoulder.

"Excuse me, Aether... Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Of course, Noelle. What do you want to talk about?"

"After your journey ends... What will you do? Will you go back to Mondstadt as a knight?" Noelle has been wanting to ask this for a long time.

"That's a sudden question..." His eyes then rolled towards a sleeping Ayaka before looking back at Noelle.

"Is the answer hard to come out? P-pardon me for my insolence..."

"No, no! It's alright... And you guessed it. I'm not going back."

"...Not?"

"Noelle, I need to tell you I'm not from Teyvat, nor the Abyss, nor anywhere you have heard of in this world."

"So whenever I heard the term 'Outlander' being used to call you, it means that you are a... Traveler from another world? Like Lady Fischl?"

Aether nodded although he cringed a bit at the mention of the eyepatched Chuunibyou.

"I wish I could take you along, but I'm afraid I'll outlive you, since my body has stopped aging physically in this form."

Noelle widened her eyes a bit.

"I see... Aether, can I ask a permission from you?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"I... I need to go home to Mondstadt for a moment. I need to report all my progress to the Grandmaster, and I need to talk for a moment with Lady Amber and Barbara."

"Sure, I'm not stopping you. But if you still need to find me, simply use that Adeptal artifact that I gave you."

Noelle looked to the side, as she doesn't need to use that artifact anymore.

"What's with that look?"

"I... When I return, I also need to tell you everything. About that power I gained since the battle with Lady Signora."

Aether gulped, as he feel worried about what it may be. He then nodded.

"Alright... But don't take too long."

"Understood."

Noelle then went to the brig, where nobody is watching her, as she then closes her eyes. When she opened them again she finds herself standing in the middle of the city she called home. She is back in Mondstadt. The moonlight shines ever so brightly in the night sky, and the calm winds immediately caused a feeling of nostalgia to hit her. Her heart skipped a beat as she remembered what will happen if she used her powers one more time and becoming immortal as a result.

She walks over to the Knights' headquarters, and right before she entered the door is opened by a certain teenage knight in red.

"Noelle, you're back!"

"Lady Amber...? Why is it so quiet inside?"

"I'll explain, but come in. Barbara's here as well."

They went to the library, where Lisa is mysteriously absent.

"Noelle, you came home!"

"Yes, indeed I am, Barbara..."

Noelle is then met with a hug from her close friend.

"I was so worried! Did Jean-- The Grandmaster found you out there?"

"No, I came here on my own... Is something the matter?"

"Then who was it then that sent that letter to her?" Amber asked.

"What letter?"

Barbara then handed her the letter in question.

"To Grandmaster Jean, I require heavy assistance, a huge swarm of monsters attacked me while I was accompanying the Honorary Knight at... Stormterror's Lair? Impossible, I was not there. I was on a ship with Aether--" Noelle then clasped her mouth shut.

"Wait... Ship? Aether? You both were on a ship together?" Barbara started to become curious.

"I never heard you call the Honorary Knight by name, did something happen?" Amber asked.

"Well... I think there's no use to lie... I love him. I fell in love with him. And I think that love for him... Did you two recall that sudden tremor that shook all the way from Inazuma?"

"We did. I thought an earthquake occured." Barbara replied.

"It was from me... I... I don't know what is happening, but my vision somehow made me as strong as an archon after I saw him hurt trying to protect me. Then at one point I wake up in another realm made by the Adepti from Liyue... And one of them told me that if I continued to use such power, then I will cease being human."

"Like Vennessa? That's awesome!" Amber's eyes are sparkling right now.

"But you remember that she could not be Grandmaster anymore some time after that?!" Noelle bursts out.

This is  the first time that the both of them saw Noelle like this, and after they processed what she just said, then they realized it.

"Noelle, don't tell me if that happened..." Amber started.

"You will leave us forever as well... To Celestia?" Barbara ends the question.

Tears are starting to flow down from each of them, as Noelle furiously nodded.

"It's either that... Or I walk my own path with him..."

The both of them comforted Noelle, as she then prepared tea for the three of them as well. As they have tea, Noelle asked.

"So, where is the Grandmaster and the others?"

"I was told to take care of Klee, prevent Sucrose from experimenting on hideous stuff, and guard the HQ until they get back. They went out after they got your... I mean, not your letter."

"But if I was not at Stormterror's Lair at that time then who was it...?"

Meanwhile, in the ruins of a desolated city filled with windstorms, a blonde haired knight in white hooded armor, the Kreideprinz Albedo, used both his hands to grab the arm of the assailant that is strangling him in the air with minimal effort.

"To think that... There is a Subject Four..."

The figure that is strangling him grins widely, and that figure greatly resembles Noelle, albeit with blue roses, and wearing black armor instead of silver. The Noelle-like imposter then smashes Albedo down to the ground.

"And now... To find the Honorary Knight... Her Majesty's Twin... I wonder how strong he is..."

She said, as she leaves the battlefield which is strewn with the unconscious bodies of the other senior knights, Jean, Lisa, Kaeya, Albedo and Eula.