Polka Dot Bikinis

Stormy's POV:

Cooking in Matt's kitchen was a dream come true. It had the charm of an old farm style kitchen with the modern touches that made meal prep simple. Best part? The griddle that was built into the stove. That thing seriously made the best pancakes that I had ever eaten. Well, maybe it wasn't so much the griddle that made them taste good as much as it was the fact that I was starving. After Matt and I made love, we had snuggled on his bed, basking in the glow that the experience lest us both with. That is until Sadie woke up and we were forced to leave out little retreat to get on with out day.

Matt was sitting at one of the barstools at the kitchen island with Sadie sitting in front of him on the countertop as he fed her oatmeal. Not for the first time, I watched him interact with Sadie and felt the butterflies growing in my stomach at the sight. There was no doubt in my mind that Matt would keep his promise and love Sadie with a fierceness that only a father could have. It meant even more that he said the words knowing that she didn't share his DNA. It took a special man to want to step up and raise a child that he did not father. Then again, in the short amount of time that I have known Matt, he has proved time and time again that God broke the mold when he created him. The way he loves, his passion for those that mean the world to him, his selflessness to put his life on the line to help others. All of it made him into a man that was truly one of a kind. And I was glad to be able to call him mine.

As I had the thought of him being mine, I felt a long arm band around my waist, pulling me back into a strong chest seconds before lips landed on my neck just below my ear. Goosebumps peppered my skin just thinking about the other places that those lips had been only an hour ago.

Lifting the last of the pancakes from the griddle, I turned the burner off and spun in his arms. Standing there in sweats that hung low on his hips and his broad chest on display, and Sadie in his arms, I had to urge to pinch myself just to see if I was dreaming. The arm that wasn't hold Sadie wrapped around my waist, resting just above the curve of my ass. I felt his fingers flex, digging into my flesh as he pulled me closer to him. Part of me felt guilty that he was hanging out with us today after missing part of his shift because of the whole Joel fiasco -and the accident at the fire he responded to last night- but I couldn't think of anywhere else I would rather be then right here with him. Even as much as I loved my job, The Lunch Box would just have to do without me for a few days.

Looking down into my eyes, I saw the love he professed me for me and knew in that moment that it didn't matter what responsibilities the two of us had and regardless of my worry that I was keeping him from work, I knew that he was feeling the same way I was; that there was no place he would rather be. "Probably not the best time to mention this and if you think it's too soon, I completely understand-"

"Matt, just spit it out." I said, my tone jovial.

"Well, Mama has a cabin out on Lake Gaston, and I was wondering if you and Sadie would like to come out there with me for a few days. Or at least until we figure out this mess with he who shall not be named."

"Ohh, I love the lake." I replied as I stepped onto my tiptoes and placed quick kiss on his lips. "But will your mama be there? Will she think its weird that you have someone with you? Oh god, what if she thinks that I'm just looking for someone to-"

Mid word vomit, I felt Matt's lips land on mine, effectively putting a stop to my ramblings. That didn't mean that my mind stopped though. Oh no, that bad boy was racing so fast, it was like it was trying to earn the pole position at the Daytona 500. But even that started to slow had he kissed me lazily, making it where I couldn't think of anything else but the feel of his lips on mine. Pulling back slowly, he looked down into my green eyes as he adjusted Sadie once more.