Chapter One

You hadn't slept well, and Jungwoo pointed it out as soon as he saw you.

"I had a bad dream," you groaned, speed walking with him down the science hall to make it in time to your Bio lecture.

"At least you slept a bit, I had to pull an all nighter for this stupid bio exam," he admitted as you begrudgingly filed into the full lecture hall.

"See- this is why you can't leave studying until the last minute," you pointed.

"You've known me since the fourth grade, when have I ever not left anything to the last minute?"

"Fair. Kun and I really are the planners of the group," you sighed, taking your seat.

"Oh, when you see your brother later by the way-," Jungwoo got caught off guard by the professor silencing the hall, and your exam began shortly thereafter. You had taken up the entire class time to take your exam, even Jungwoo leaving before you did. While you knew most of the answers, your brain was still admittedly fried from waking up only a few hours ago. By the time you finally turned in your exam, it was 5 'till 7:30, and you were now late to meet Mark.

"I can't wait to tell Dad," he poked, ruffling your hair as you finally met him at your designated pre-night-class spot.

"It's the first time in like fifteen years that I'm ever late. Plus, I was in an exam!" you countered. Mark was your adoptive older brother, and occasional thorn in your side.

"Jungwoo was in the exam too and left in a timely manner."

"Ugh, whatever! Let's just make sure the day students are out and get to class," you sighed. Mark launched himself up from the bench in the front entrance of Knight's Cross College, and you began the trek through the math and science wing of the building.

"Whoever's idea it was to build a college composed of three wings deserves a slap in the face," Mark noted. The college's primary building was divided into three total wings: the left hall designated to all things falling in or around Sociology, English, and the arts. The middle wing, the shortest of the grouping, primarily housed all the hospitality and business classes. The hall you and Mark walked down now was the one you had just finished the exam for: Math, science, and pre-health.

"Guess you should slap great-great-great grandpa then, Dad would be happy to help," you joked, shoving his arm.

"Yeah, maybe then we wouldn't have to deal with all this," Mark then opened the door to a lecture hall to see a couple in the corner making out rather ravenously. You groaned, taking the lead as you shouted at the couple.

"Past 7:30 PM no Day students are to be in the main building. Can you provide proof of night student status?" You bellowed as the couple jumped away from each other. Both of the girls looked away bashfully, shaking their heads in response.

"Then please follow my fellow warden as he guides you out of the building and out of the main building's gates," you instructed, going off the script given to you by your father. The girls quickly grabbed their bags and followed Mark into the hallway as he awkwardly started the trek towards the front double doors with them.

You scanned the restrooms and the last of the science hall as you started heading down now, hoping to meet Mark in the hospitality wing. As one of the two wardens, yours and Mark's job had a clear description - keep the day students away from the night students as much as possible. This entailed making sure that while the gates for the main building that housed a majority of classes were closed, you and Mark had to make sure no curious college students snuck in and saw what most other humans should not.

Knight's Cross College was relatively close enough to your high school that you recognized a lot of your peers, and were lucky enough to also go to the same college as your two other best friends- Jungwoo and Kun. While Kun was older than you all and was working his masters at the College, you, Jungwoo and Mark were all in the same grade together.