Chapter Twelve

Your chest was heavy with the weight of the silence in the room. Looking over, you were gauging Yuta for any reaction- but he was frozen, staring straight ahead with nothing crossing his face. Speaking to him was not the best move, but yet again, you hardly knew what the next move would even be. You looked over at the other faces in the room. Everyone, even Jaemin now, was eagerly staring at Yuta, waiting for him to do anything.

Hoping to maybe ease some of the stares, you cleared your throat and looked at Johnny.

"What happens next?" you asked. Johnny slowly turned his gaze from Yuta to you as if trying to understand your question.

"Well, from my understanding of the coronation process. The... King to be," he glanced over at a still frozen Yuta, "will be under... constant surveillance. Constant meetings and preparations and ceremony tailoring..."

"But we have finals," Mark spoke absentmindedly, earning him a punch from Ten.

"Do you think that matters now?" Ten hissed. A breeze swept through the room, and then, Yuta was gone, leaving the door to the office open and several papers strewn as a result of his hasty exit. You stood up quickly, your legs starting to move before you could think before someone grabbed your arm.

"Maybe he needs to breathe," it was Jaemin of all people. No sarcastic inflection, no white eye, his voice hardly above a whisper.

"This isn't fair," you spat, your chest heavy. You couldn't even fathom everything going through Yuta's head but there was one thing everyone was certain of- this was his biggest dread finally realized. And... you couldn't do a thing about it.

Shaking, you stepped back again, now in fear of what your own mix of anger and sadness could do. When you first exploded into flames in your Dad's office you were alone and unable to hurt anyone else. Now, the office was full and you were well aware of the lack of control you held with your own budding powers.

It was as if Jaemin could sense this, and he slowly let go of your arm to free you.

"I'm going to find him," you announced before walking out of the office quickly, your boots against the marble floors being the only thing you could hear as you did. The halls were empty, making it easy for you to jog out of the building and out of the gates.

Jaemin was right, Yuta needed space. He won't burst into flames like you might, but he needed to exert his feelings on his own. It hurt. You wanted to be there with him as he processed everything- you wanted so deeply to hold him tightly and swear somehow that you would make it all okay.

But, what could you possibly do? Until a few days ago, you were a human with some basic fighting capabilities. You had no control over yourself, let alone control of everything that pained Yuta.

There was a deep ache in your chest, and you absentmindedly passed your hand across your face. Your hand came back wet. You were crying profusely, you realized. You hated feeling so helpless to the world around you. Painfully, as you entered your dorm, something became so clear to you- you were absolutely in love with Nakamoto Yuta.

"Do you want to know where he is?" you jumped hearing this voice once you entered your room, causing your already panicked mind to go frantic.

"Jaemin?" you breathed out. He sat on the corner of your couch, his eyes normal now. "How did you even get in here?"

"Do you really want to know that?" he asked, scrunching his eyebrows together. You swiped your face again, trying to remove the tears that had stained your cheeks now.

"Does he need me?"

"Always," Jaemin responded, his eyes still their normal shade.

"Then, yes. I want to know where he is."