Fifteen

This one is a long one, I literally separated it into 2 parts so enjoy!!

I stir awake to a poking at my cheek. Slowly I open my eyes and immediately see Clay wearing an amused smile. He brings his finger back towards my face again, but instead of poking me it traces it along my cheekbone, his gaze intense, as if he were trying to commit it to memory. Commit me to his memory. 

Then he suddenly pulls his fingers away, tapping my nose once and muttering a quiet but cheerful "boop!", making me laugh a bit. "Do we have any plans for the day?" I ask quietly, not wanting to move from his embrace just yet. "We should probably clean some stuff up before your brother comes back but I also want to take you somewhere too."

I totally forgot about my brother coming back, with the agreement we currently have I wouldn't mind him staying in the Carolinas or even England for any extended amount of time. He comes back tomorrow, meaning that today is the last day that Clay and I can sleep in and cuddle like this. I am definitely going to miss it.

After those thoughts wash by, then it hits me. Clay wants to take me somewhere. Where? When? Why? Ok Cora, one thought at a time here. "Where?" He smiles, "That's a surprise." Ugh. "When?" "After lunch." "Why?" His smile grows, him obviously amused by my constant questioning. "I want to take you out and have a nice last day alone with you. Besides, you deserve a nice day."

I feel my face heat up at his last statement and I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. I give him a weak smile and cuddle closer to him, hiding my undoubtedly red face. He chuckles a little bit under me, making the butterflies worse. God, why can't those damn things go away already? I don't like Clay as anything more than a friend and you aren't supposed to get butterflies from friends, right? I don't even know.

"What time is it?" I mumble out from his neck, my breath obviously tickling his neck as he gets shivers from under me. I hear him grab his phone then a few seconds later he answers me. "11:22" I laugh slightly, moving so I can look at him. "We slept through breakfast and most of lunch." I laugh out.

He nods in agreement "Yeah, we should probably get up." "Yeah, probably. We say that, yet neither of us make a move to get up. He is extremely comfortable to lay on so I blame that. After a few more minutes of lying there I decide I really should get up. I start to move out of his grasp but it only tightens a little bit more. "Nooooo." He wines. What a baby.

"You said it yourself, we should probably get up and start our day. Well, afternoon now." He lets out a long sigh, not releasing his strong grasp from around me. "Fine, but I want a kiss first." I roll my eyes but comply, leaning into him and press a soft kiss on his lips. He wastes no time in kissing me back.

The kiss is soft and enjoyable, something I wouldn't mind spending every minute of every day doing. After what seems like seconds but could've been minutes I finally pull away and slip out of his grasp, leaving him to groan in response.

I grab a change of clothes for the day (A simple black crop top with ripped jeans and converse) and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth then turn on the shower, waiting for it to heat up. In the meantime I take off my, well, his shirt and inspect the damage from last night.

There are little circular purple marks all over my chest and stomach. I don't even remember him leaving that many but when I say my chest is covered with marks, I mean covered. Like, there is almost as much purple on me as there is my pale skin. Well, looks like I won't be wearing any low cut shirts for a while.

After a few more seconds of inspecting the damage, I finish stripping and get in the shower. I do what I need to then get out and get dressed into my new change of clothes and I look pretty good if I do say so myself.