Twenty three

Clay POV.

The drive back home is quiet. Too quiet. I already miss her. Everything about her, her voice, her laugh, everything.

As I pull into the driveway I don't see his car and assume he is still out somewhere. I walk in the silent house and go to my room, passing hers in the process and seeing patching on her bed. I walk over to her.

"I know baby, I miss her too." I say as I scratch her head. I then walk into my room and load up the MCC server in order to distract myself from her. But as I play I can only think of all the times we played together or when she came up from under the desk and gave me moral support from under the desk.

God I miss her.

I only play for a little bit before I hear the front door open and close and hear him walk up the stairs. I get up and meet him in the hallway.

"Dude, I'll apologize and talk to you in a minute, right now I need to speak to my sister." He says then pushes past me and starts to head to her old room. "It's too late." I say and he stops dead in his tracks.

"What do you mean?" "She took the first flight out. It left at one. She's gone." I sadly admit to both him and myself. "No." I hear him mumble then he races into her room. "Cora!" He yells but there's no answer. She isn't here to answer.

He comes back out with a defeated look on his face. "Why'd she leave?" He asks and I only scoff. "You told her to leave and for some reason she still respects you and booked the first flight she could get. She's gone."

He closes his eyes tight as if when he opens them she will magically be right there. She won't.

"I fucked up." He says as he reopens his eyes. I sigh. "We both did."

"Look, I'm sorry for everything. Everything with me and Cora was supposed to be just benefits. It was only supposed to last while she was here and we were both hoping you'd never even find out and if you did it would be long in the future. I'm sorry for keeping this from you, I'm sorry you found out the way that you did but I'm not sorry that it happened. Cora is an amazing girl and catching feelings for her is something I don't regret. I'm sorry you got hurt in the process but you mean everything to her. Before she left she said she wouldn't even be in a relationship with me because you didn't approve. In the end we both just want her happy."

He nods, taking in my words before sighing himself. "I'm sorry too. I said and did things I shouldn't have and it not only ruined things between me and her, but you and her. After time to think about it, and what you just said, I forgive you. I just hope she can forgive me for all I've done."

"You're her brother, of course she will forgive you. As I said, you mean everything to her. Just call her when she lands and apologize to her. She will understand."

He comes over and gives me a hug which I gladly return, just happy to have my best friend back.

"But what about you guys?" He asks me. "What about us?" "Will you get a happily ever after?" I stop and think about it for a moment before answering.

"Probably not."

So honestly I'm thinking of just ending it here and making a sequel. Thoughts?