A night at Warp Speed

Player awoke with a start, he need a bad dream. He walked to the window, and watched as space passed by. the Enterprise hung right next to the Skeld, both ships were flying to the same destination, DS1.

Veteran: "Player, what are you doing?"

Player: "Vet, you startled me."

Player sat down on the bed, Veteran put his arm around him.

Veteran: "whats troubling you?"

Player: "bad dream."

Veteran: "how bad?"

Player: "like the ones I had when Aden went missing."

Veteran: "that bad?"

Player: "yeah."

Veteran pulled Player into a big hug, using both his arms, and tendrils; He knew these kind of dreams were terrible, and Player was a mess when they happened to him, even to the point of tears.

Veteran: "tell me about it, please."

Player: "I don't know."

Veteran: "Player, I'm your boyfriend, you tell me anything."

Player took a deep breath, then he talked.

Player: "Aden on a ship, and then there was an explosion, then there was darkness, and-and he was screaming in pain."

Veteran: "that's terrible, I hope he's okay."

Veteran knew that Aden had high ESP, and he often reached out to the ones he knew the most for help, it was how they knew where he was when he got taken captive by the No-Visor cult.

Veteran: "everything will be OK, just get some sleep."

Player: "but he could be dying, he need to..."

Veteran: "shhh, everything will be OK, Aden is strong, he will be alright."

Player: "thanks, but can you cuddle me to sleep?"

Veteran: "of course, Play Star."

Player: "thanks, VeteRabbit."

They both laid down, the soothing sound of the Warp Core caused Player to fall asleep. Veteran kissed Player's for head.

Veteran: "sweet dreams, Dear One."

Player snuggled closer to Veteran, who also fell asleep.

(Player has no idea what happened to Aden, but that's for another chapter.)