𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗; 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜

𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜

    Never play games with a girl who can play better. It always ruins one's ego at the end of the day. And Rosalice knew how to play the right pieces when it was presented before her. Right at this moment there she stood invisible, watching Sophie pack her bottles of magical ingredients into a backpack. What compelledRosalice to even make this rash decision was that she wanted to remember. Remember what happened during that night in the bayou. All she could conjure up was her entering the forest bed, alone. Her instincts wanting to fight but her mind wanted to fade.

    Then it was the next morning with Rebekah right at her side calming down any fear she had—in retaliation Rosalice left without a word. Her voice never quite finding itself during those hours. Now she spoke perfectly fine, just refused to do so.

    "Hey. What the hell?" Seeing where Sophie was looking, Rosalice was met with Hayley.

    Hayley obviously points out, "You're going out there anyway, aren't you?" Clasping her hands in front of her. "I wanna go with you."

    Sophie zips up her bag throwing it over her shoulder, "No, thanks. Already got assaulted by Klaus this morning. Don't need a repeat." She goes to leave but hands push her back. Looking back she saw nothing. "Dammit!" She curses, "Rosalice, you're working with her too?"

    Rosalice made herself appear, Hayley explaining, "I actually had no idea she was here. But-" She cuts herself off. "Whatever is responsible for all those dead witches is still out there? We've already established that it likes me and Rosa and hates witches, so you'll be safer with me."

    "Sorry if I'm not buying your sudden concern for my safety." Sophie once again tries to leave, this time Hayley blocking her.

    The twenty-one year old huffs out, "Listen. The whole reason I came to this stupid town in the first place was to learn more about my family. Your sister's the one that told me Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter into the Bayou. And last night, I'm pretty sure that some guardian-angel-wolf saved my life. So, I'm coming with you."

    The last and final girl came into the mausoleum, rolling her eyes, "Could you three be more idiotic?" Hayley and Sophie look at each other sighing in frustration. "Three can play the follow-game, you know! You heard Klaus, he and Marcel are headed right where you're going."

    Hayley brings up, "So distract them. Because unless you wanna lock a hormonal, pregnant, werewolf in a tomb, I'm coming with you." She then threatens, "And wouldn't Elijah be mad if he hears that the baby and I died of asphyxiation?"

[Time Skip]

    Sophie allowed the three girls to come with her. Walking in the woods of the Bayou looking for the dead witches. "So, this Harvest thingy—tell me more." Rebekah steps over mud or tries her best to.

    Sophie mumbles out, "Klaus said to wait."

    "Yes." Rebekah then brings up a point, "He also said to stay out of the Bayou and yet here we are, amongst the crawly, buzzy creatures."

    Getting to the destination, Hayley speaks up, "We're here." A call disturbing the singing forest. But Rosalice didn't pay any mind to them. This was the exact area she needed to be in. This was the area where she was last in before her memory was wiped. Bodies left bloodied, cut until disfiguration.

    She bends to the ground, a pale hand pressing against the blood of those that proved sinful than their innocents. The blood sticking to her hand becomes glue. Sophie kneels to the ground beside her, sickened by the sight, beginning to consecrate her fellow witches. "Whoa." Was all Hayley could manage to say.