𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗; 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜

𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜

    Dreams are a figment of the imagination to cope with the horrors that the world presents. A thousand dreams and this was the first Rosalice had seen. In a room filled with one large family. In this dream Rosalice looked a little older but still stuck in time. Laugh lines now on her face. Eyes no longer blue but rather made out of bright shimmering gold. A soft smile clear on her face as she painted, humming along with the soft tunes of an unnamed song that played in the air.

    Shrills of laughter stuck in the air as the children ran hiding in their mother's legs. "Mama1 Help us!" One whispered-yelled at Rosalice.

    Another explained, "The monster is coming." Both of them a giggling mess.

    Rosalice places down her brushes in a cup of water. Bending down, "What monster?'

    They hushed her as the quickening steps of three came right towards them. Two other children ran into the room loudly, screaming with their own laughter silencing the soft singing of the piano. Another entered the room, a tall handsome male with complexed eyes that held vast of emotion to it. Hair naturally waving in front of his face hiding his eyes. His lips naturally turned upwards.

    He made his way towards her. "Hello," He greets, playing his part. "I'm searching for two younglings."

    "Younglings?" Rosalice hops into the land of make-believe. "And why is that?"

    She knew his voice anywhere, Elijah. "Well Miss–" His eyes astray looking around in a land he knew well but pretended was unknown to him. "-I'm simply trying to change their minds." His hand grasps a hold of hers.

    The two children that hid behind screams in fake horror, "He got her!"

    "No! Not mama!"

    They scurry off. The much smaller children ran after them. Rosalice giggles at them, an arm wrapping around her waist pulling her into him. Lights twinkle in her eyes as she turns back to the man before her. "What are you painting, love?" He asks her.

    "Nothing right now." She answers. "Just following the flow of things."

    He hums leaning closer to her, their lips brushing.

    Blinking awake, Rosalice sits up, rubbing her now stiff neck. Eyes looking all around, panic settling inside her. Breathing becomes uneven. Elijah yanks the door open, words assuring her, "It's okay, you're okay, we're at your home." Rosalice's eyes settled on him. Taking in a deep breath and several more until her heart went back to its normal pace. "Nightmare?"

    "Something like that." Rosalice slips out of the car not having her seat buckle on. The dirt under her feet crushing. Mumbling, counting down from the number three until it hit zero. Elijah was a little confused until he heard the front door open and came swarming towards them in such blurs was her family.

    Her uncle Emmett wraps his arms around her, spinning in a circle as he hugged her tightly—not until the point of suffocation but rather until she had to pat him on his back for her to let go. Rosalie harshly states, "Emmett be careful."

    Emmett only smiles, "Me? Not being careful?" He turns to his wife. "That's my whole motto."

    Rosalie rolls her eyes, planting her hands on her hips. "She is pregnant."

    Alice whispers, "Not for long."

    Rosalie became snappy, irritable, "This isn't like Bella's situation!"