𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘; 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚏𝚎𝚛

𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚏𝚎𝚛

    Death is a patient entity. It can wait forever to have someone's soul. Yet it is also an impatient thing that grows angry every time someone cheats out of it. Those who are destined to die escaping its grasps. He had his eyes on a red haired witch that resurrected and didn't plan on disappointing spirits of witches.

    Genevieve had come to order witches to transfer Rosalice and take her to an unrelated area after pleading with the witches to do so and not have the Mikealson find Rosalice easily.

    Rosalice waited patiently. Counting the days that turned to weeks that turned to almost an entire month. Counting the days until she were to give birth to her twins. Staring at the stone walls remembering each crack, each broken piece from it. Seeing the overgrowing moss become one within the cramped area of each crevice.

    Dragging a hand over the abandoned area that was neglected in a cold stone basement. The only light shimmering from one area of the window. Screaming wasn't no use. Rosalice knew that. What she also knew was that she knew how to play this game and win.

    Keeping her breathing even, even when the curly red haired woman crept down the steps of stairs. Eyes burning on the side of her skull. She knew it was Genevieve, no other witch dared to come down for they were afraid of her, knew her status in this world. Murmured one thing and one title only, aberration.

    Anger played in her mind but she wouldn't dare mess with her temper. She needed to be calm and wait until she fell into labor. Counting the days left in the month. She was going to be long overdue if she landed in June which was tomorrow.

    Tilting her head, she kept her mind open thinking about a few people. She wondered how her family was doing. How the Mikealsons were doing. How Hayley was doing.

    "I've never seen a woman come to full terms with twins." Genevieve finally spoke.

    "Well I'm not most people." Rosalice hated how cliche that sounded but she said it anyways.

    Genevive nods, "Well most people aren't half living and half dead."

    Rosalice stayed sitting. "I'm not dead." She still had all of her human functions working. She ate, slept, drank, fucked all the normal human things. But she knew she wasn't that normal. Some factors of her vampire side worked with and against her. Her gift was one of them. Her healing was another.

    She betted that this was both sides of vampire working with one another taking her twins to full term rather than have them be premature. Perhaps they were feeding off of her blood to stay thriving and waiting until the inevitable came to get her where she was to die so they could be born.

    The area she was in was foreign to her. Unknown. Clasping her hands together, Genevieve clicks her mouth, "When are you due?"

    "You should know." Rosalice snaps a little. "You are a nurse after all."

    Clenching her jaw, Genevieve cooly states, "A century ago I was a nurse. My knowledge has shrunk as time went by."

    "Is that the only thing that has shrunk?" Rosalice breathed out. Tilting her head to the side, "Or is that your natural hairline?"

    The witch clenches her jaw, harder, grinding her teeth together. "I'm glad you'll die someday."

    "Pardon me." Rosalice teased the old language.

    "Do you truly not know?"

    "Know about what?"

    Genevieve takes one step closer. Another step. Two more steps. Three more all the way until she stands before Rosalice a feet away from each other. Lowering herself to the ground almost kneeling on the dirt. "Ancestral witches say your prophecy all the time."