Chapter 8

"We were worried about you."

"Huh?"

"You can't go alone.What if it's a con act?"

"A con act?"

"Shorty,you're meeting an online friend."Signora pointed a Pocky stick at me.

"Well no,not exactly...And stop calling me that."

"I think he's using a dating site."Childe whispers while he leaned to Signora slightly.

"No!I'm not like you."

"Ouch.But really,you've been acting weird lately.We'll keep an eye on you."

"I'm not a kid!"

The switching stopped.
My calls and texts didn't go through.

So I decided to see (Y/n) in person.

I wanted to meet her.
But...

"What?You don't know where?The town's only scenery is your only clue?"She asked eyebrows furrowed.I nodded"Yeah."

"And you can't contact her?What's all this about?"

"Seriously.What a lousy tour planner."

"I did not plan a tour."

"Oh well.We'll help you look for her."Signora sighed.

The two continued to help Scaramouche look for the person he's looking for.Well it's more like Childe and Signora playing rock paper scissors and cards.
_______

Scaramouche sighed and dropped his head while he sat on a waiting shed,the two sat beside him

"So it's impossible after all..."He muttered,but they heard it clearly.

"What?After all the trouble we went through?"Childe asked.

"You two haven't done anything."He said,glaring at the two.

He stood up and entered a restaurant for a quick break the two entering after him.
They all ordered the same thing.

"Okay three ramens."The waitress wrote their orders on her note pad.

"Can we return to Narukami island today?"
"We could be cutting it close.I'll check."Childe replied.
"Are you alright with that shorty?"Signora asked.The short male frowned slightly."I'm starting to feel like I'm barking up the wrong tree."He admitted.the two shared a glace and looked back at him.

The short male took one of the sceneries that he drew on the paper and stared at it.

The waitress earlier approached them while holding a metal pitcher with water inside.

"Why young man,that's Watatsumi isn't it?"They stared at her as she grabbed Scaramouche's empty cup and refilled it.

she took the paper out of his hands gently and admired it"It's a very good drawing.Isn't it,dear?"

His husband went beside her and admired the artwork with her"Yeah,it's Watatsumi.Brings back memories."The waitress looked at Scaramouche and smiled.

"He was born in Watatsumi."She informed.
"Watatsumi..."He repeated,his face slowly turned to a hopeful smile which caused Childe to take out his phone and take a picture,but the short male ignored it for now...

"Yes!Watatsumi!That's it!It's nearby,isn't it?"
"What are you..."
"Watatsumi was.."

Childe looked at him,"Watatsumi?No way!"He and Signora faced each other.

"Is it where that comet...?"
_______

Scaramouche ran passed the caution tapes and stopped once the view of the massacred Watatsumi came to view.

"Hey,is this really the place?"
"No way!Scara must be misremembering."
"No.I'm sure this is it."He replied.
"This schoolyard.The mountains.I remember this high school clearly!"

Childe rubbed the back of his neck."That can't be true!"Surely you remember that disaster that took hundreds of lives three years ago!"

Scaramouche looked back at the ginger."Died?Died three years ago?"He repeated.

A flash of memory passed by his mind.His eyes widened"That can't be.I still have the memos that she left behind..."He said while he dug his hand inside his pocket as he took out his phone.

He opened hie phone and swiped left to enter a particular app.He flinched at what's happening inside his phone.

He lifted his arm and rubbed his eyes before staring at the screen again

Every words and emojis started to delete itself.Erasing it's existence that only prove the remembrance of her.

They're disappearing...

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧