Chapter 11

Eyes snapping open,You sat on your futon with a gasp as you stare at your hands.

"I'm (Y/n).She's still alive."

You wrapped your arms around you,silently sobbing in happiness.

Sayu opened the door of her sister's room."(Y/n),are you touching..."She trailed off.She looked at her sister with worry.

You turned to look at her snot dripped down your nose."My sister..."

"Sayu-"You were cut off by Sayu closing the door shut.

"(Y/n) has finally lost it."She told her grandma."I'm leaving without her."

"She's lost it.She's completely lost it.Scary."She kept muttering to herself as she put her shoes on,leaving the house quickly.
________

"Comet Tiamat has been visible to the naked eye for a few days now."

"Tonight it will finally reach its perigee around 7:40 p.m.,and will achieve its maximum brightness."

You watched the tv,hands on your hips while you stood in your uniform.

It's tonight.There's still time.

"Good morning,(Y/n)."Your granny greeted.

"Oh..."She adjusted her glasses."You're not (Y/n),are you?"

You gasped"You knew,Granny?"

"No,but watching the way you behaved lately triggered some memories."

"I also remember seeing strange dreams when I was a young girl.Although now I've forgotten about whose life I was dreaming about."

"Forgotten.."you muttered.You took the cup of tea your Granny gave you.

"Treasure the experience.Dreams fade away after you wake up."

"There were times your mother and I had similar experiences.

"Maybe those dreams that the (L/n) people had."You placed your cup on the table gently"Granny,listen.A comet will strike Watatsumi tonight and everyone will die."

"Huh?"
________

You ran on the road towards the school"'Nobody will believe that'?What a surprisingly ordinary reply,granny."you ran faster"I won't let her die."
________

"Oh!What happened,(Y/n)?"

"Your...your hair!"Gorou pointed at your short hair.

"Forget that!If nothing is done,everyone will die tonight."Everyone stopped at what they're doing and looked at the three of you.You ignored their stares.

"So we have to act."
________

"The community wireless system?"

"Yeah,those speakers you see everywhere."

Gorou tapped on his keyboard of his laptop while you and Itto sat beside him."Hmm.That could work.""You're awesome,Gorou!"

You bumped your hips into his causing him to scoot to the side,"Hey,don't come close."

Itto grinned at him"What,embarassed?Hey,hey!"He nudged his elbow."Stop!"

Kokomi opened the door with Sara who's carrying two plastic bags filled with snacks."Got them.Here's your change."Kokomi gave you the remaining money.

You sat back down while Itto rummaged through the plastics.

"Sorry Kokomi,Sara"
"It's alright."

"What about you?Have you come up with a escape plan?"Sara asked.

You and Itto stopped eating and stared at Sara with a evil grin making Kokomi freak out.

"What?"
"A bomb?!"
"We have water gel explosives for construction at our storage site."

"Broadcast hijacking?!"
"The town's wireless system can be easily jacked using the startup frequency."

You smiled at Kokomi and Sara"So we can broadcast an evacuation warning from the school."

"The school is outside the disaster area,so people can evacuate here."You pointed at the circled spot on the map.

"It's totally a crime!"

You looked at Kokomi,"You do the broadcast."

"Why?"
"You're in the broadcast club."

"Im in-charge of the explosives."Itto pointed at himself.

You pointed at yourself too,"I'll go talk to the mayor."

"In the end,the city council has to evacuate everyone."

"I'm his kid.I can persuade that old man."

"It's a perfect plan."
________