Number Four: Klaus (Me!)

I am Klaus Hargreeves, aka Number Four! Dads greatest disappointment (appearently everyone's now tho bahaha)! Growing up I was quite the hyper child. Despite the trauma I endured and the way dad treated me, I still tried to keep a good mood. I always wanted to just be a light for my siblings ya know? I knew how tough things could get. I wasn't always much help during missions so I wanted to be the one to make them laugh or smile or be the one to hold them while they cry and I would never judge them for anything. I loved my siblings more than anything you could possibly throw at me. I still do. But I remember being very young and being very hyper and messy as a kid. I loved to play outside when I could. I also was obsessed with dress up! Whenever I could get someone to play it with me it made me so happy. When dad caught me playing dress up, however, he was not so happy. The world never saw how truly abusive Sir Reginald Hargreeves could be. God forbid his children smile and have a personality. Somewhere from ages 6-8 years old dad decided traumatizing his young son would make his powers stronger. On the daily I would be locked up in that damn mausoleum, with dead bodies surrounding me. If you're somehow unaware, my power is mediumship. I can see and hear and talk with all of the ghosts. This had scared me from the first day I discovered these powers. They were always screaming, screaming so damn loud. Yelling out my name, yelling for help. I couldn't help them. I couldn't even help myself. Around age 12 some guy I met on the streets offered me a joint and I had realized it made the ghosts go quiet. I went back and found a way to pay this guy for some bud and from then on I'd roll my own joints to smoke to silence my powers. I mostly did this during or before the mausoleum. As long as he thought I wasn't scared that's all we needed, which he did, and eventually he stopped trying when I was about 13-15. As a teenager, I still tried to be positive around my siblings, but I struggled a lot mentally. It was exhausting being a Hargreeves. There were a few times Id tried to run away, only to raise nobody had noticed I were gone and therefore leading to me going home. This usually led to me being caught and punished. There were also times I'd tried to end it. All times unsuccessful, obviously. I don't think I ever told any of my siblings this, even Ben, although they might've caught on at times. I figured they didn't care. I always loved my siblings and knew they loved me but was also convinced they all hated me. The drugs and depression dragged on the rest of my life. After Five went missing, I had always wished I could just go be with him. Run away and find him. Then, when the accident happened. That was like the final straw for everybody. One by one the group of siblings left and left home. Not to panic, although I hadn't kept in much contact with my living siblings, I did however have dear Benny by my side at all times. Conjured him up after the funeral and he's stuck by me since. He was always my best friend growing up. Years and years went by, I was high on whatever I could get my hands on, always waking up in new places, sometimes in rehab, sometimes in jail. This was the norm for a very long time, that is until dear dad kicked the bucket finally! But you all know the story after that.