Father Dearest: Reginald Hargreeves

I think there's a lot I could say about dear old dad. He was a selfish, pathetic, asshole bastard who never gave a single shit about anybody other than himself and certainly didn't give a shit about his children. We were just weapons to him, not kids. We were never kids to him. He was such a fucking liar, had the whole public fooled. We were never safe or truly healthy under his care. Sure, we were usually fed, and had somewhere to sleep, but dear dad was a horrid man. There was a lot more than what was shown of our lives. He had an assortment of punishments for each of us. I remember crying in my room on several occasions after his lectures. He'd tell us how terrible we were and every time we messed up. I don't think he ever actually told us when we did something good. Imagine never once in your entire life hearing your father tell you he's proud of you. Especially when you do so much for him, and try so hard to be good and be everything he wants you to be, and you fight and you train harder and do better and take in every little fucked up thing he tells you and yet still the only thing you ever get from him is insults and punishments. I always say that I wish we had ended dear dad when we were young, we probably could've grown up better than we did. Dad severely limited each of our abilities, despite trying to make us the greatest weapons for his bidding. He made money off of us and that's all that really mattered to him. We were nothing but profit and experiments. What makes a grown man stop and think that torturing little kids is the best way to make them stronger. Really only made me more terrified of my powers and traumatized us all. When I had found out the old man really kicked the bucket was thrilled. Of course I had to go to the house, the very house I hadn't been to in 13 years, to make sure the rumors were true. They indeed were. What a great day that was, finding out dear dad had truly finally died. A bit too late I'd say. He was a sick prick, devising a plan to off himself to get us back together. Bullshit. Should've done it years ago though. I held the words he told me that brief moment in the afterlife with me to this day, his greatest disappointment. I feel as if I should have a medal for that one. Reggie Hargreeves greatest disappointment! I've officially won haven't I? That was my greatest accomplishment, truly. Id hate this man forever, nothing anyone says to me could ever change how I feel about dear dad. He didn't give a fuck about me or any of my siblings. Still, at least he gave me them. The only good thing to ever come his bullshit ideas was my siblings.