Moon and Sun, Yin and Yang

the prompt: royalty, traitor, khaenri'ah

starting off strong w a royalty au some good old fashioned pining and light angst

my knowledge of khaenri'ah lore is like 0 so if there's mistakes pls lmk

---

Where the fuck was Kaeya Alberich? Albedo sighed and checked his watch one more time. 32 minutes late. Absolutely unacceptable. He was going to have to give the soon-to-be prince a stern reprimanding when he did arrive.

Albedo looked down again at the papers set in front of him. He was supposed to be teaching Kaeya, who had recently discovered his royal lineage, the manners and habits of a royal. With the most elegant manners of the entire noble court, he had been, unwillingly, called upon to fill this role.

The door swung open and Albedo turned around in annoyance, mouth open in preparation, but he stopped.

Kaeya Alberich was the most beautiful person he had ever seen in his entire life, and Albedo had seen a lot of very pretty people.

Blue eyes, caramel skin, a charming smirk. Tall and slim, that smile could melt anyone. Gold jewelry was dripping off of his ears. Obviously, he had spent his first stipend well.

An awkward pause. Had Albedo been admiring Kaeya for a little too long?

"You must be Albedo," Kaeya said, extending a hand.

His voice was smooth with just the tiniest rasp to it. Very princely. Hearing Albedo's name from Kaeya's mouth was a bit much for their first meeting. Cheeks heating, Albedo spun back around so his back was facing Kaeya.

"Yes. And you're late," he commented.

"My deepest apologies," Kaeya said with a mock bow. He walked to the other side of the table and sat down. Albedo breathed in hard and picked up his pointer, moving closer.

"We'll start with the proper way to address someone. Since you are to be the Prince of Khaenri'ah, people will address you as 'Your Majesty'." Albedo instructed, pointing to the chalkboard.

"You know, I didn't even want to be the Prince. I only wanted to continue living my life. I had no idea that I had royal lineage," Kaeya muttered, picking up a pen and twirling it between his long fingers. Albedo stared, mesmerized.

"Yes, well, we all must do jobs we don't enjoy occasionally." Albedo said, giving Kaeya a dirty look. "I have a few I can think of right now."

"Now, on to your posture." Albedo said, bringing his pointer up. "To start, it's horrendous."

"How kind." Kaeya said. "Are you going to use your pretty hands to correct it?"

Albedo hid his embarrassment and instructed Kaeya to stand up. He moved even closer, the small chains on his clothing making the faintest tinkling noises. Kaeya was much taller up close, much more handsome up close. Albedo felt overwhelmed.

"Stand straight. Don't arch your back too much." Albedo corrected, his voice much softer now that they were so close.

"All good?" Kaeya asked, his voice much lower as well now.

Albedo cleared his throat and stepped back. It was best not to get too close. Maintain an air of professionality, and all that.

"Your posture looks better."

---

Kaeya lay back on his royal bedspread and gave a sigh of relief. It was so good to be back in his own chambers, away from all the buzz about the newly found Prince of Khaenri'ah. His crown slipped off of his blue hair and onto the bedspread.