Glowing Starlight

the prompt: alternate universe, combat, babysitting

SUPERHERO AU no explanation needed (i actually wrote the first page of 3 different aus before i picked this one)

enjoy !!

TW: blood, injury, implied sexual content

---

"Stop right there!" Albedo cries, racing along the rooftop of the building. He casts a sheet of bedrock down at the top and slides down the slope. He propels himself off and lands on the next rooftop, keeping in sight his target.

Cryoconite. Arch-nemesis, gifted with the power of Ice, intent on ruining the lovely city of Mondstadt. And Albedo's sleep schedule, it seemed, based on the hours he picked to deface the city.

Cryoconite runs ahead on the rooftops, leaping gracefully off the tips. Albedo has to give it to him, he knew how navigate Mondstadt nearly as well as Albedo did. Cryoconite pauses for a moment on the edge of the roof and turns, face covered with a black mask. Albedo sucks in a breath at the way the moonlight shimmered on the wisp of blue hair peeking out from underneath.

"Calx," Cryoconite says firmly. Albedo pauses for a moment at hearing his hero name. It was given by a citizen of Mondstadt, and Albedo found it rather stupid, when all he wanted was to focus on his research in peace. "Aren't you a little tired of this cat-and-mouse game?"

What? Albedo moves closer, stealthily, inching along the brick wall.

"You've been chasing me the entire night, aren't you tired?" Cryoconite moves closer, ice-blue eyes glittering from underneath his mask. Albedo takes a step backwards, grinding the sole of his foot into the roof.

"Not at all." Albedo launches himself forward, rolling to the ground and sending a stalactite towards Cryoconite. Surprisingly, the villain doesn't fight back, and instead lets himself be pinned to the ground by Albedo's knees. "Cease and desist, please."

"How polite."

"We're both tired, you know. I have a shift tomorrow."

"Klee?" Cryoconite asks, propping himself up on his elbows. Albedo stops his hand from creating another stalactite and draws back, keeping as much of himself as possible from touching the villain.

"Who else would it be?" Albedo responds, rolling his eyes.

"Alright." Cryoconite nods.

Albedo stands up and, slightly bitterly, lets Cryoconite go. There were more important things to attend to than catching the city's "biggest villain". Albedo scoffs as he watched Cryoconite land gracefully on the street.

Villain? More like nuisance.

---

"There's mac 'n cheese in the fridge, and Klee's toys are in that room over there," Jean rambles as she grabs her keys from beside the door. "Is there anything else you need?"

"I'll be fine, Auntie. Don't worry about me," Albedo says with a smile, one hand on the door.

"Great. Oh, one last thing that I forgot to mention." Jean says, propping the door open with her foot. "Kaeya's coming over halfway through the day to help. You know him, Kaeya. Kaeya Alberich."

"That won't be a problem."

Albedo's face flames as he shut the door. Stupid Kaeya Alberich. Kaeya, who occasionally babysat Klee alongside Albedo, Kaeya with his blue hair, and icy eyes, and the gift of Ice. Annoying personality, and a charming smile that never failed to make Albedo's traitorous stomach turn warm.