Training

YN: So, why the beach?

Deku: This is where I trained for the entrance exam.

I nodded.

YN: So, what are you guys' quirks?

Uraraka explained her Zero Gravity quirk, and Iida explained his Engine quirk.

Deku: Mine is just a strength enhancing quirk, but I don't really know how to control it.

I knew that wasn't true.  All Might already told my mom and I that Izuku had inherited One For All.  But I probably shouldn't say anything in front of Iida and Uraraka.

YN: Well, there you go, that should be your main focus this week.  If you can't control your quirk, then it's pretty much useless, and it can put yourself and others at risk.

He nodded.

Uraraka: What about you, YN?  What's your quirk?

I sighed.  My quirk is a pain in the ass to explain, especially since I still don't know it's full extent.

YN: My quirk is called Ultra Instinct.  Put simply, I have heightened reflexes, strength, and speed, but I've trained my speed to the point where I can basically move without anyone realizing I did, like right now.

I looked down at them, talking to my afterimage, and smirked.  The image disappeared, and they looked to see me sitting on top of a fence.

YN: I call that technique "afterimage".  Basically I move fast enough to leave a mirage of myself where I was standing.

I jumped down.

YN: The second part of my quirk is that my body can move on its own.  Most people have their instincts, and some people can tell if something is about to happen and get a bad feeling, like a chill down their spine.  My body takes that to the extreme.  If someone pointed a gun at me from across the street while I had my quirk going, I'd take the gun before they could pull the trigger.  Basically... I pretty much can't get hit, unless someone is faster than me or I'm being confined.

Their jaws were all dropped, as I basically just revealed to them that I can't be hurt.

YN: Yeah... it's a lot.

Deku: I just realized... your last name is Bate, right?

Oh boy, someone finally figured it out.  Here it comes.

Deku: Are you related to Star and Stripe?  The number one hero in the US?

I sighed, not wanting the attention that this would no doubt bring.  Oh well, someone was gonna figure it out eventually.

YN: Yes, she's my mom.

Deku/Uraraka/Iida: YOUR MOM?

YN: Keep it down!  I don't really want anyone to know yet.  That's why I wanted to come to Japan in the first place.  I'll tell the rest of the class after the sports festival.  I wanted to go to UA because I want to be my own hero.  I already technically have a hero license in America, but I don't want to be known as "Star and Stripe's kid".  I want to become a hero and be known for my own achievements.

Deku and Uraraka smiled, while Iida started clapping.

Iida: Bravo!  That is truly an admirable goal, one worthy of the UA hero course!

I smiled, and we started training, preparing for the festival.

Timeskip

Kaminari: So, are you guys ready for this?

Kirishima: Of course!  This is a chance to show my manliness to the world.

I just chuckled at Kirishima's upbeat attitude.  Nothing can seem to bring his spirits down.

Jirou: Yo, YN.

I looked up and smiled at Kyoka.

YN: Hey, Kyoka.  Are you ready for the festival?

Jirou: Ready as I'll ever be-

Ashido: YN?  KYOKA?

Hagakure: Ooh, first name basis already?

Kyoka and I blushed, and she smacked Ashido in the head.

Jirou: He told us to call him that, idiot!  He's from America, it's easier for him.

Mina: Okay, fine.  But we're watching you two.

She and Hagakure walked away, while I sighed.

YN: Great, now everyone's gonna know.

Jirou: Eh, who cares.  It's not like that, right?

I nodded, and hid my face in my arms to hide my blush.  I wouldn't admit it to anyone, but I DO have a crush on Kyoka.

YN: Either way, I'm more nervous about the crowd that's gonna be out there.  We both know I'm the type of person to get stage fright even in front of my class, and having a quirk that makes my body move on it's own based on my instincts does not help that.

Jirou: Hey, come on.  I'm sure you'll do great.  Just get out there, and don't be a baby.

I smiled and shook my head, while she smirked.  Then we heard Present Mic, calling us out to the field.

Present Mic: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE HERO COURSE'S CLASS 1A!

I got up, and walked towards the door.  I worked hard this past week to get over my stage fright.  I'm pretty confident now, so I was fine when I walked out, despite the crowd.  Besides, as long as I don't have to speak in front of a group of people, I'll be fi-

Midnight: And for the student pledge, will YN Bate please come up to the stage?

YN: Oh god dammit.

Kyoka giggled as I walked up towards the podium, taking deep breaths.  Okay, I've got this.

YN: Most of you, including my own class, would have no way of knowing this.  But I am the son of the number one hero from the US, Star and Stripe.

Their was a collective gasp from the crowd and students, while I noticed Deku, Uraraka, and Iida smiling at me with their thumbs up.

YN: I came here as an exchange student from America because I want to follow in her footsteps and become a great hero, just like her.  But I want to become a hero, not because I'm the son of America's number one pro, but from my own accomplishments.  I intend to prove that today, along with every other student taking part in this festival.  PLUS ULTRA!

The crowd yelled the words with me, and I handed the microphone back to Midnight and started walking back towards the crowd, where everyone looked at me with their eyes wide, but none of them looked as shocked as Kyoka.  I went and stood next to her, and she smiled at me.

Kyoka: So, the boy who ran from class not even a minute after he was introduced and hid in a tree is not only the son of the number one ranked hero in America, but also just proclaimed that to most of the world?

I chuckled.

YN: Hey, you're the one who gave me the awesome pep talk.  Apparently "Don't be a baby" was all I needed to hear.

She playfully punched me in the shoulder, and we watched as Midnight pointed at the scoreboard.

Midnight: The first event is... OBSTACLE RACE!