•~chapter twelve: summer begins, the pool awaits~•

Kanao sat at her desk, doing the last bits of her summer homework. Summer vacation had just started, and there was nothing else for Kanao to do.

The curtains were closed, a fan quietly blew a light cold breeze around the room, and Kanao only stayed focused.

Finally, after another ten minutes, Kanao finished her homework. Having nothing else to do, she fell backwards and allowed herself to flop onto her bed.

Kanao began to tremble and shake, as she hadn't gone outside for the whole week of summer break. She decided to pick up her phone and maybe play a game.

And, as if on cue, Kanao picked up her phone and it immediately began to ring. She jolted, and slowly clicked the 'answer call' button.

"Is that how that works?" a familiar sounding voice said through the phone.

Kanao trembled. She took a deep breath, and said, "H-hello?"

"Hi! Is this my humble disciple Manao?" the voice said again. Kanao then realized that it was Inosuke speaking on the other end.

"Y-yes." Kanao said slowly, as she began stuttering. "W-why di-did you c-call m-me?"

"I've actually made plans. Very unlikely of me, am I right?" Inosuke said gleefully. Kanao sweatdropped.

I don't think that's something to be proud of... she thought uneasily.

Kanao allowed herself to come back to the present. She remained silent and waited for Inosuke to say something else.

"My plans for this summer are to go to the pool!" Inosuke shouted, causing Kanao to hold the phone away from her ear. "I already invited Kentaro, his sister and some of her friends, Monitsu, Maoi, and now I'm inviting you!"

"So, do you want to come?" Inosuke asked into the phone. Kanao began to tremble. She wanted to go, but at the same time didn't want to because there would be so many people.

"Y-yes. I'll g-go." Kanao finally managed, after a long silence.

"Hooray!" Inosuke cheered, making Kanao lengthen the distance between her phone and her ear. "Meet you at Kimetsu Land Station at 10 on Saturday!"

Kanao heard a click on the other end, notifying her that Inosuke had hung up. She began to shiver, wondering why she had made that decision.

But then, she allowed herself a 'hmph!' of determination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

two days later....

Tanjiro and Nezuko were standing under the canopy of the ticket station.

I really hope Kanao decided to come...Tanjiro thought nervously. She must've been so bored. I bet she didn't even go outside during the first few days of summer break, or maybe she didn't leave her house for the whole week. Since she had nothing to do, she did all her summer homework. But now she's finished, and doesn't know what to do!

Tanjiro was jolted out of his endless stream of thoughts when Nezuko tugged on the sleeve of his shirt.

"Nii-chan, they're here!" Nezuko exclaimed happily, as she ran over to meet Aoi and Makomo.

Tanjiro gasped softly when he saw Kanao coming over with the rest of the group. She was wearing the dress that he had chosen, and she also wore a purple sun hat.

"Wow, Kanao! That dress that Nii-chan chose really does look good on you!" Nezuko exclaimed, as a small smirk spread across her face. Kanao and Tanjiro both blushed simultaneously.