•~chapter thirty-one: games, sweet potatoes, memories~•

"I love you, Nezuko-chan~"

This is exactly the thing that Zenitsu said to Nezuko. They, along with Tanjiro and Kanao, were sitting at a table in the bakery of the Kamado family, and it wasn't a real confession, it was just a game (although some people did want it to be the real thing).

This game is called the "I Love You" game. The objective of one player is to make another player blush or smile by saying "I love you".

In this instance, Nezuko lost the game. She had visibly put her hands on her face to try and cover up the red blush that was blooming across her face.

As Tanjiro tried pushing the blonde simp away from his sister, Zenitsu said, "Let me try getting Kanao-chan to lose! I am really good at this game and I hear she's really hard to beat!"

Kanao's eyes widened. Zenitsu walked up to her and covered his eyes with his hands, as if he was playing peek-a-boo with her.

"I love you, Kanao-chan!!"

However, Kanao's reaction to this was completely blank with no expression at all, much to the relief of some people in the room

"Ahhh!" Zenitsu screamed, as he put his hands up to his head. "That's the first time I've ever lost this game!"

While Zenitsu grumbled about losing to Kanao, Nezuko suddenly got a very sly idea.

She turned over to her older brother and she said, "Hey, nii-chan! Since Zenitsu lost to Kanao, why don't you try saying 'I love you' to her?"

"E-eh?" Tanjiro stuttered, hoping he didn't hear Nezuko right. But sadly, he did hear her right.

Zenitsu had stopped complaining and he looked at them with interest in his eyes. Kanao, meanwhile, seemed like her normal, emotionless self, but in reality, she was shocked beyond belief.

"A...all right. I'll do it...once." Tanjiro muttered, now getting up from his chair and sitting across from Kanao.

Tanjiro took a discreet deep breath. However, he couldn't just say it without thinking.

Tanjiro began overthinking his life decisions and he began to panic. Due to this, a coy smile spread across his face before he could utter a word.

"Hey, Tanjiro!" Zenitsu suddenly said. "You smiled, so you lost!"

"Huh?" Tanjiro said incredulously. "The person saying it doesn't get to blush or smile like that?"

Zenitsu shook his head.

While Zenitsu tried explaining his reasoning to Tanjiro, Kanao stood up and she gestured to the bathroom. They all nodded and returned to their conversations as soon as she closed the door.

Once she locked the door, blush began spreading across her cheeks like a wildfire. She placed her hands up to her face to try and calm down.

 She placed her hands up to her face to try and calm down