•~chapter fourteen: video games~•

One night, Kanao was just sitting at her desk, reading a book and minding her own business. Suddenly, as if on cue, her phone buzzed. Kanao jolted.

She picked up her phone with trembling hands and she clicked the 'notification' button. The notification was an email from Nezuko.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FR: nezuko.kamado@mail.com

TO: k.tsuyuri@mail.com

Subject: Come Over?

Hi Kanao! If you wanted to, I would love for you to come over and play video games with me and some of my friends!

If you don't want to, I completely understand. But if you are coming, I'll be waiting!

You know my address already. You just have to go to the bakery, and go to the staircase in the corner of the dining area.

Hopefully I'll see you soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanao began to tremble. Her fingers slowly began to type out a reply, as her anxiety prevented her from typing any faster.

At last, after an hour had passed, Kanao finished writing the reply. Now, with her fingers shaking more than ever, she slowly clicked the 'Send' button.

On the other end, Nezuko's phone beeped, causing the said girl to be jolted out of her thoughts. Nezuko picked up her phone, and she came to Kanao's reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Thanks for asking me to come over. I'll see you tomorrow, if you don't mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nezuko gasped, but then calmly walked over to her bed, and then began jumping for joy...because she was having Kanao over for the first time.

-------

the next day....

Kanao stood inside the Kamado bakery, in front of the staircase that Nezuko had told her about. She was wearing her summer dress and white sandals.

She began to tremble and shake, earning odd looks from customers in the bakery. After all, it was her first time coming over to someone's house on her own.

Kanao began drumming up her courage. She stopped her trembling and allowed herself a 'hmph' of courage.

She slowly walked up the stairs. At the top of the staircase there was a little door. It had the name 'Kamado' engraved on a wooden sign.

Kanao began to shiver, and she slowly pressed the intercom. The door immediately opened, revealing Nezuko and Tanjiro. They were both wearing hoodies.

"Hello, Kanao!" Nezuko said happily

"Hello, Kanao!" Nezuko said happily. "I'm glad you could make it!"

Kanao nodded slowly, now beginning to tremble. Nezuko and Tanjiro also felt the awkwardness and tension in the air. Nezuko decided to break this by saying something.